Re: Hybrid @ Ultra and Remix Hotel

  • dashmusiconline
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 30, 2005
      wait, were you the girl with the cowboy-ish hat on, in the front? or perhaps one of the two
      dark haired girls next to her?

      and yeah upload those pics! the only ones i got are on my cell phone, which of course
      means they're pretty trash quality-wise...

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Rachel" <raincrysobe@y...> wrote:

      > NICE!
      >
      > we were probably right next to each other for BT and hybrid
      > @ultra...LOL
      >

      > GR8 sets....although they were too short...but that's always the case
      > at ultra. i was really happy to hear BT live again...and gawd what a
      > hottie he is *drool*
      >

      > i still have to upload the pics with him and hybrid.
      >

      > :)
      > Rachel
      >

      > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Tim Christensen <timc@e...> wrote:
      > >
      > > After some pushing and a lot of waiting, I managed to be front and
      > > center for the Freq Nasty, Hybrid, and BT lineup at Ultra.
      > Needless to
      > > say, it was pretty amazing seeing those three back to back. The
      > sets
      > > were rather short, only about 30-45 minutes per, but they all still
      > > managed to play some amazing stuff.
      > >
      > > Hybrid started the set with the new track "Sleepwalking," and
      > continued
      > > with the updated Kill City (which sounds AMAZING on a proper
      > system, I
      > > must say), both the Alanis and REM bootlegs, and a couple other
      > tracks
      > > I've yet to identify. While they were playing, Carlos (BT's
      > assistant)
      > > was trying to get Brian's equipment setup which was a rather
      > awkward
      > > looking experience (cramming cables and laptops and midi
      > controllers
      > > onto the table amidst the CD players and mixer Hybrid was using).
      > BT
      > > went on playing his usual mishmash of live remixes and such.
      > Played a
      > > good bit of Evil Nine as well as some other choice tracks. He got
      > the
      > > crowd pumped up like I've never seen.
      > >
      > > Managed to talk to Mike a couple times (at the Remix Hotel
      > discussion
      > > panel and after the show at Ultra), and I gotta say, he is one of
      > the
      > > nicest guys I've met. So Mike if your listening/reading, thanks
      > for
      > > taking the time out to talk to a fan!
      > >
      > > Also, Mike said they are aiming for a September release of the new
      > > album (he crossed his fingers), and are still trying to work out
      > the
      > > hip-hop album amidst all the work they've been doing with Harry
      > > Gregson-Williams.
      > >
      > > -Tim
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
        that wasn't me. i know who you're talking about though...LOL

        i had blonde braids and a dark blue RITM shirt on.

        i haven't even looked at my pics yet. hopefully they came out good.
        i got a pretty decent one of FreQ as well.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "dashmusiconline" <timc@e...> wrote:

> [...]
        > > > good bit of Evil Nine as well as some other choice tracks. He
        got
        > > the
        > > > crowd pumped up like I've never seen.
        > > >
        > > > Managed to talk to Mike a couple times (at the Remix Hotel
        > > discussion
        > > > panel and after the show at Ultra), and I gotta say, he is one
        of
        > > the
        > > > nicest guys I've met. So Mike if your listening/reading,
        thanks
        > > for
        > > > taking the time out to talk to a fan!
        > > >
        > > > Also, Mike said they are aiming for a September release of the
        new
        > > > album (he crossed his fingers), and are still trying to work
        out
        > > the
        > > > hip-hop album amidst all the work they've been doing with Harry

      • Davin Greenwell
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 31, 2005
          On Mar 28, 2005, at 1:39 PM, Tim Christensen wrote:
          > Managed to talk to Mike a couple times (at the Remix Hotel discussion
          > panel and after the show at Ultra), and I gotta say, he is one of the
          > nicest guys I've met. So Mike if your listening/reading, thanks for
          > taking the time out to talk to a fan!

          I have never met easier superstars to talk to than Mike and Chris.
          Pure class all the way!

          davin / afk / ariz0na
          http://www.pacificfront.ca - Pacific Front Recordings
        • Tim Christensen
          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 7, 2005
            Here are the pics from my cell phone taken at various shows during WMC
            this year, scroll to the bottom for pics from Hybrid & BT @ Ultra.
            Sorry about the poor quality, but again, they were taken on a cell
            phone...

            http://www.tarheeltim.com/wmc/

            Peace-
            Tim
          • Chaz Schlueter
            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 15, 2005
              tim you must have been right next to us. I was crazy man waving the
              white flag!

              if you can see this link...

              http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chazgraphicdesign/album?.dir=bb97&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

              chaz

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Tim Christensen <timc@e...> wrote:

              > Here are the pics from my cell phone taken at various shows during WMC
              > this year, scroll to the bottom for pics from Hybrid & BT @ Ultra.
              > Sorry about the poor quality, but again, they were taken on a cell
              > phone...
              >
              > http://www.tarheeltim.com/wmc/
              >
              > Peace-
              > Tim
            • fedgemonkey
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 16, 2005
                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...> wrote:

                > tim you must have been right next to us. I was crazy man waving the
                > white flag!
                >
                > if you can see this link...

                http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chazgraphicdesign/album?.dir=bb97&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

                > chaz

                http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/chazgraphicdesign/detail?.dir=bb97&.dnm=6e6b.jpg&.src=ph
                :D
              • Tim Christensen
                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 17, 2005
                  Ha! Yep I remember you, the crazy guy with the white flag! You were
                  actually standing right behind me and a little to my right... You were
                  the one who yelled "WHITE LABEL!!!" when they dropped their remix of
                  Your House if I remember correctly.... I had to laugh at that.
                  Awesome night, thanks for sharing your pics as well.

                  -tim