wmc revue!

  • CPfaff17@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 28, 2005
      Well, I must say that this year was the best ever! I drove down to Miami Wed night to meet with Tom at our hotel for the week, the Victor. Great place by the way and jellyfish inspired. We started out that night with some delicious room service then went on our way to Crobar for a show with Junkie XL, Infusion and surprisingly enough, Fatboy Slim. Word on the street was that Nocturnal, where Hybrid was to play Sat evening, was working last minute for their grand opening and the building code official was supposedly "bought out" by a few other club owners, just so they couldn't open! Insane! Anyways, Fatboy Slim got moved to Crobar, and other artists either played elsewhere or didn't play at all. But the show was awesome. Tom's set rocked, playing lots of new material from his upcoming album and such.
      Thursday, we met up with Chris and Mike at their hotel, had drinks by the pool, walked down to a hole of a bar and had damn good time with lots of friends.
      Friday night, I attended a panel at the Remix Hotel with Tom, Mike, Chris and Dave Aude, who sucked by the way. I dont even know who he is but his attitude is completely sour and he totally doubts his work. So since he feels that way, I can only believe that he sucks. But it made Mike, Chris and Tom look awesome and they were really fun to watch, they speak a whole different language when they are talking business. Afterwards, we all took a cab over to
      a mansion party on the water, thrown by Sasha and friends. And... we drank too much.
      Finally, Saturday, the day of Ultra. Met up with some friends earlier in the afternoon so we could catch Kevens. One of a Kind! With such a live performance, Backup singers, breakdancers, actors.... It was such a shame that it was a short set. Between 5 and 7, I personally didn't care for anyone who was performing, just sat up in the vip area enjoying a smoke. Finally, the
      time came, and at a complete surprise too, for Junkie XL! We pushed our way through the crowd, found a spot and danced our asses off. I stood up on the side of stage for a minute but was having way too good a time with my friends in the hot, sticky crowd. There had to have been about 7-8 thousand people in the audience! It was unreal. After Tom's set, we made our way over to see Moby, but he had just finished. Stuck around for a bit of Rabbit and caught
      the first 30 minutes of Mike and Chris. That afterparty at the Arena was insane. It started out just a few of us hanging out in Sasha's dressing room, John Digweed, James Lavelle, PR People and Colin Farrell. What??!!!! Which was quite bazaar to see. But nice guys all around. We got to hang out with Chris, who had somehow managed to lose Mike and his girlfriend. But once the
      crowd started pouring in, we made our way up to the skybox, danced and chatted, thoroughly enjoyed the night. And once again, drank too much and ordered room service at 5 am.
      So after a surprisingly rockstar lifestyle week, I'm glad to be home relaxing and waiting for next year already.
      love,
    • Rachel
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 29, 2005
        i can't wait for next conference either :)

        i think the hole in the wall bar was the deuce. i met up with chris
        and some friends the night before ultra at that bar. we had a bunch
        of drinks then we headed off to space to see sander. it was the first
        time i saw sander and i have to say that i really wasn't impressed
        with his set. we then headed back to meet mike at the hotel and
        eventually went back to the deuce and had a few drinks where we ran
        into chris milo....what a night...idk how i survived ultra that
        day...LOL....good times....

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, CPfaff17@a... wrote:

> [...]
        had to have been about 7-8 thousand people in the audience! It was
        unreal. After Tom's set, we made our way over to see Moby, but he
        had just finished. Stuck around for a bit of Rabbit and caught
        > the first 30 minutes of Mike and Chris. That afterparty at the
        Arena was insane. It started out just a few of us hanging out in
        Sasha's dressing room, John Digweed, James Lavelle, PR People and
        Colin Farrell. What??!!!! Which was quite bazaar to see. But nice
        guys all around. We got to hang out with Chris, who had somehow
        managed to lose Mike and his girlfriend. But once the
        > crowd started pouring in, we made our way up to the skybox, danced
        and chatted, thoroughly enjoyed the night. And once again, drank too
        much and ordered room service at 5 am.
        > So after a surprisingly rockstar lifestyle week, I'm glad to be
        home relaxing and waiting for next year already.
      • Chaz Schlueter
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 29, 2005
          yeah, you were pretty darn tired at ultra. I was jumpin up and down and dancing around at
          Hybrid, BT, Carl Cox, Wink, Rabbit...etc. Was a very tiring week. Have a whole year to
          recover though..
          chaz

        • CPfaff17@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 29, 2005
            Here are a few of my favorite photos from the week. I also have a
            bunch of hybrid pics from previous shows that i'll post for you soon.
            Enjoy!
            And yes, Rachael, it was the deuce, home of the cheapest drinks in
            South Beach!

            http://homepage.mac.com/sweetcarolyn/PhotoAlbum9.html
          • Francine Chokanis
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 30, 2005
              Great Pics!!

              >Here are a few of my favorite photos from the week. I also have a
              >bunch of hybrid pics from previous shows that i'll post for you >soon.
              >Enjoy!
              >And yes, Rachael, it was the deuce, home of the cheapest drinks in
              >South Beach!
              >
              >http://homepage.mac.com/sweetcarolyn/PhotoAlbum9.html
            • Davin Greenwell
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 31, 2005