Hybrid in SF

  • renegadesoundwaves
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 7, 2005
      Yeah Hybrid rocked the place for 2 hours Saturday night. The songs I
      recognized were a Meat Katie song, Dylan Rhymes remix of a Soul of
      Man song, From A Distance, Another Brick in the Wall (not Hybrid's
      mix, which neither Chris or Mike can find) and the Prodigy remix of
      Smack My Bitch. They also played a new song off the upcoming album
      called Sleepwalking. Kinda the same format as I Love You, opens up
      with hard progressive beats and sythns then in the middle of the
      song, things slow down a bit while somebody reads a weird poem for
      about 2 minutes, then the progressive beats and synths start up
      again to finish the song. A really cool song. They have 7 cuts in
      the can with 5 in works for a total of 12 tracks. The new album
      release date will be in August at the earliest.
    • James
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
        Ugh, lack of money is bad... I didn't get to head up to SF for that
        Opel party... (;_;)
        Well, Bad Boy Bill is gonna be in Monterey this Friday, so I'm
        pretty excited to see someone fairly famous perform locally (though
        I'm sure that it'll be nowhere near a Hybrid performance).
        Oh, and to clarify, is "Sleepwalking" the name of the new Hybrid
        album???

        James M.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "renegadesoundwaves" <keliher@m...>
        wrote:

        > Yeah Hybrid rocked the place for 2 hours Saturday night.
        > They also played a new song off the upcoming album
        > called Sleepwalking. Kinda the same format as I Love You, opens up
        > with hard progressive beats and sythns then in the middle of the
        > song, things slow down a bit while somebody reads a weird poem for
        > about 2 minutes, then the progressive beats and synths start up
        > again to finish the song. A really cool song. They have 7 cuts in
        > the can with 5 in works for a total of 12 tracks. The new album
        > release date will be in August at the earliest.
      • zem_the_mattress
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 8, 2005
          Figured you were there! They also played "bullet train" by Plump Djs. Seen them 7 times
          now, this was the 1st time I had less than an awesome time - promoters fault I think.
          Can't wait for TCM/Freeland/Hybrid set in LALA land

          Dave
        • nickbower2000
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 10, 2005
            'Sleepwalking' is actually the name of a brand piece of Hybrid
            material. It does indeed feature a mad spoken section in the middle,
            in the form of a poem.

            A little more information on this track, along with much more Hybrid
            news and comments will be posted up here very shortly...

            ...yes thats right boys and girls - its Hybrid Q&A time!

            (see, it really does pays to submit a Hybrid Q&A question. You never
            know what kind of interesting info will feature in the response - and its straight from the horse's mouth!)

            Stay tuned, hold tight.

            :)

            Nick