Re: Hybrid @ Avalon LA - February 5, 2005

  • Alan Duval
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 18 2:56 PM
      I haven't heard any of his Mix-CDs, TBH, I'm referring to his
      original productions, which I love. Yeah, I'm given to believe he's
      a good guy, a friend of mine in San Fran hangs with him a bit.

      To be honest I think Naked Music, Miguel Migs and Jay Denes included,
      have always had a slightly breakbeat edge to them. I think you'll
      find that a great many of their tracks have a doubled snare/bass hit
      on every second beat. If you dig Naked Music at all be sure and
      check out the AfroArt label - Naked's dirtier, breaksier cousin - run
      by Ashley Beedle, amongst others.

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...>
      wrote:
      Miguel is better live than on CD. He rocked the house in Miami in
      November. Nice chap too.

      When I worked for Astralwerks, we got a lot of Naked Muysic promos
      too. They were OK, but I wasnt into house as much then. The new stuff
      (like all music in my opinion) has more breakbeats slip sliding
      in...finally.