Re: [Hybrid] Grieg

  • Chris Baugher
    Message 1 of 8 , Feb 7, 2005
      On Fri, 4 Feb 2005 GAmoore@... wrote:

      > I don't have it in front of me, but I think its the last track on Wider
      > Angle. Its from Grieg's Peer Gynt.
      > It like three long notes - dah dah dahhhhhh, (repeats) ... Hybrid added some
      > synths and jazzed it up but it goes through all the same harmony and melodic
      > changes.

      It's probably "Finished Symphony", the second to last song.

      Wait, no. It's "Altitude [Red Square Reprise]". I just listened to a bit
      of Ase's Death and it's the same melody, such as it is.
      Interesting but not surprising. In fact it's very much in keeping with
      the tradition of electronic music of reusing existing material to make
      something new and different.