Re: BT board

  • Alan Duval
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 7, 2005
      But filibustering here is fun :-)

      "Man more hits and man more tracks"

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...>
      wrote:
      ya know, there IS a BT board if you all wanna try philabustering
      (spelling?) about BT there....

      every other message is BT this and BT that
    • Ben Abrams
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
        Fair point but have you noticed that any time anybody makes any kind
        of criticism of BT on that board they are lambasted by the numerous
        American fans who wont hear a bad word said

        wrote:

        > ya know, there IS a BT board if you all wanna try philabustering
        (spelling?) about BT
        > there....
        >
        > every other message is BT this and BT that
        >
        > :)
        > chaz
      • Chris Baugher
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
          On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Ben Abrams wrote:

          > Fair point but have you noticed that any time anybody makes any kind
          > of criticism of BT on that board they are lambasted by the numerous
          > American fans who wont hear a bad word said

          That sounds like a challenge!

          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > > ya know, there IS a BT board if you all wanna try philabustering
          > (spelling?) about BT
          > > there....
          > >
          > > every other message is BT this and BT that
          > >
          > > :)
          > > chaz
        • minarets77
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 8, 2005
            That message board is ridiculous. Not only do the members who post
            think they are all BT's personal best friends, they also think they
            have an large amount of talent in electronic music themselves. It's
            kind of sad, yet kind of funny. I have been a BT fan since 95-96 but
            in now way want to be associated with those people. They still try to
            horde stuff among their "pals" as well.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9, 2005
              It would pay to bear in mind that a number of people on this list are
              on that board, too.

              Many of them CAN claim to be BT's personal best friends, or at least
              close enough to be invited to his house for the unveiling of what
              became Emotional Technology, quite some months before its release.

              And more than a few talented electronic musicians do indeed hang out
              there, not least of which fellow member of this list Jason Dunne -
              also Laurent Veronnez (aka L-Vee, aka Airwave, aka Velvet Girl, and
              numerous other monikers) is a regular there, as are the members of
              Wide Band Network - one of whom is now working with the dude from
              Psykosonik.

              So, sorry to say, by being here you kind of are associating with at
              least some of "those people".

              I have to tell you that there are some extremely good people and some
              very strong friendships available on that board if you ignore the
              occasional spat, which, let's face it, is true of most any
              messageboard/chatroom.

              Ta

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "minarets77" <rockyr@d...> wrote:

              That message board is ridiculous. Not only do the members who post
              think they are all BT's personal best friends, they also think they
              have an large amount of talent in electronic music themselves. It's
              kind of sad, yet kind of funny. I have been a BT fan since 95-96 but
              in now way want to be associated with those people. They still try to
              horde stuff among their "pals" as well.
            • Drew Ressler
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 10, 2005
                Not to mention Toksin (http://www.toksin.com), Burufunk and Bil Hamel are regulars on the board too.

                Drew

              • Antti Mutta
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 11, 2005
                  What's up with Burufunk btw?

                  -antti

                • EvilAlivE@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 11, 2005
                    In a message dated 2/11/2005 7:56:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
                    rukes@... writes:

                    I have to tell you that there are some extremely good people and some
                    > very strong friendships available on that board if you ignore the
                    > occasional spat, which, let's face it, is true of most any
                    > messageboard/chatroom.

                    ive definetly made some amazing friends over there... i quite enjoy that
                    community

                    :)