Re: [Hybrid] Grieg

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 3, 2005
      Dunno about that, but they've certainly used samples from soundtracks and
      probably classic pieces as well on their remixes in the past.

      -antti

      > Is it common knowledge that one Hybrid's tracks is a virtual clone of a
      > classical piece of music? Its the last track ... I forgot the name they
      gave it...
      > but its Edvard Grieg's "Ase's Death" from Peer Gynt (which includes the
      more
      > famous "In the Hall of the Mountain King"). They did sort of a Tomita
      thing
      > -but didn't credit the actual composer from what I could see.
    • Alan Duval
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 4, 2005
        I'm pretty sure that the lads have stated that '(...) Symphony' was a
        re-interpretation of a piece by Grieg, so no surprise there, othe
        than having a name for it.

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Antti Mutta" <antti.mutta@s...>