RE: [Hybrid] Re: BT - Hybrid

  • dcraig@nmt.edu
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005

      > The PVD/BT mix of Flaming June is the same exact one as the original (Just
      > a bit longer, 8:36 for the BT album one and 11:08 for the
      > BT/PVD one), as is the Out There And Back version of Namistai.

      Yes they are different.

      The album version of Flaming June stops at about 6:25 and turns into a
      drum-n-bass version of the track. The BT & PvD mix has an extended bridge
      forty seconds after that point followed by an extra bit of piano a
      breakdown with extra synthwork, etc. They're different enough.

      And the MISL version of Namistai has an extra synthline, that pretty much
      plays the length of the song as is the backbone for the melody which isn't
      in the PvD version at all. Pretty much, picture PvD synths and that's
      what's mainly in his version and picture fancy produced BT synths from
      MISL and that's what his version has. They are very different sounding,
      especially played next to one another. My brother pointed out that he
      liked the PvD mix better because it apparently retained the elements he
      liked from MISL but didn't have the annoying effects BT added covering
      most of it up.

      Dan