[Hybrid] Re: BT - Hybrid

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005
      Well thats not really true... the album version of Flaming June has
      the racey breakdown towards the end whereas the PVD/BT mix does n't.
      And the BT version of Namistai has an extra layer of melody over the
      synths which the PVD version does n't (trust me I have listened to
      them recently) and that is where I am trying to make my point. The
      PVD versions sound much more polished and go with what already sounds
      good rather than BT who i think trys to tinker a bit too much and can
      sometimes 'over do it' a touch. Having said that his tinkering can
      sometimes be a benefit ;-)

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Drew Ressler" <rukes@o...> wrote:

      > The PVD/BT mix of Flaming June is the same exact one as the
      original (Just a bit longer, 8:36 for the BT album one and 11:08 for
      the
      > BT/PVD one), as is the Out There And Back version of Namistai.

      > > I think what BT needs is a
      > > > co-songwriter to polish up a few of tunes - some of which have
      > > great ideas but need just a little more polish from another mind.
      > >
      > > I agree. I think BT tends to over produce some of his songs and
      > > experiments a bit too much at times. Thats why I liked the Paul
      Van
    • dcraig@nmt.edu
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2005

        > The PVD/BT mix of Flaming June is the same exact one as the original (Just
        > a bit longer, 8:36 for the BT album one and 11:08 for the
        > BT/PVD one), as is the Out There And Back version of Namistai.

        Yes they are different.

        The album version of Flaming June stops at about 6:25 and turns into a
        drum-n-bass version of the track. The BT & PvD mix has an extended bridge
        forty seconds after that point followed by an extra bit of piano a
        breakdown with extra synthwork, etc. They're different enough.

        And the MISL version of Namistai has an extra synthline, that pretty much
        plays the length of the song as is the backbone for the melody which isn't
        in the PvD version at all. Pretty much, picture PvD synths and that's
        what's mainly in his version and picture fancy produced BT synths from
        MISL and that's what his version has. They are very different sounding,
        especially played next to one another. My brother pointed out that he
        liked the PvD mix better because it apparently retained the elements he
        liked from MISL but didn't have the annoying effects BT added covering
        most of it up.

        Dan