Re: probably not new - a hybrid interview

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2005
      > Yeah, like more is better... Wide Angle was so good because it
      maintained
      > the balance between cheesy orchestral sampling and progressive
      breaks.

      Hmmm... cheesy orchestral sampling? Cant say I agree with that... I
      think Sacha Puttnam and the boys did a fantastic job scoring the
      orchestral layers. IN MY OPINION (no disclaimer needed)

      > Hopefully the new album is in good taste because these megalomanical
      > statements with choirs and whatever frighten me. Good for movie
      scores, bad
      > for artist albums. IN MY OPINION.

      I thought the choir on Marrakech sounded particularly good and
      created a real tension within the song. If they are planning to use
      a choir for a similar effect on the new album then I am all for it!
      And I certainly think there is nothing wrong with using choirs on
      artist albums.. as long as they are used for the right reasons (not
      just plonk a choir over the top of a song that does n't suit just
      because you wanted to include a choir section on the album