RE: [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter tonight

  • Jitesh Mistry
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
      Well, they were supposed to start playing at half 3, but didn't turn up
      until about 5 past 4 and started spinning at quarter past 4 I think until
      6am. It does take a while to get to Manchester, about 3:30 to get to the
      outskirts of Manchester, and then another half an hour getting around in
      Manchester. I was there from half 12 until the end at 6am and passed out
      at home at half nine in the morning.

      They played a cracking set once they got themselves 'warmed up', most
      notably playing a awesome 4-hit combo that left my legs stiff of Hybrid -
      Visible Noise, Lee Coombs BoC's Mix of Crystal, Doves - Break Me Gently
      [Hybrid Remix] and then Golan Globus - Blazer. It was a bit wierd being
      downstairs in the main room of Sankey's to be honest and trying to groove
      along to Victor Calderone's set before Hybrid, as opposed to the last time
      I was there where they were playing in the more intimate upstairs room. I
      swear that soundsystem downstairs was butchering some perfectly good
      tracks and it really hurt my ears at times during the course of the night.
      They closed with the Hacker Remix of Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
      and those moves happened again :D just like at Tangled.

      I overheard a 'trainspotter' talking to Chris about the last track at the
      end of the night and Chris mentioning something about it being on a Future
      Funk Squad bootleg or something like that. Can anybody shed some light on
      this?

      It was nice to see Kiri and her friend (apologies that I don't know your
      name), Lulu (haven't seen you for a while!) and Chris Pitcher (I think
      that's what I heard, but you were the bloke in the black/blue Hybrid
      T-Shirt).

      Later,
      Jits.
      Seeing the past as he travels into the future
      Emotions of three quarters ago awakened again
      Whilst the disc turns, power subdued only by power
      His power wanes as he sees the dawn
      The dark mind conquered by the irrationalities of life.

      ----- Message from sam@... --------- Date: Mon, 31 Jan
      2005 06:34:37 -0500 From: "sam@..."
      <sam@...>Reply-To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE:
      [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter tonight
      To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

      > Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...
      >
      > What time did they come on??
      >

      >> Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
      >> turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
      >> before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
      >> talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
      >> to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
      >> enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
      >> still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
      >> a very big dose of Hybrid.
      >>
      >> Pete.
    • Kiri Hatton
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
        I saw them, they were on about half 4 i think, until 6

        >From: "sam@..." <sam@...>
        >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter
        >tonight
        >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:34:37 -0500
        >

        >Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...
        >
        >What time did they come on??
        >

        > >Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
        > >turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
        > >before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
        > >talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
        > >to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
        > >enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
        > >still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
        > >a very big dose of Hybrid.
        > >
        > >Pete.

        FRUITY
      • Kiri Hatton
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
          It did take a while for the set to get going, i agree! Though i think that
          was partly due to the time, i was quite tired by that point and my feet were
          telling me to stop dancing! But i forgot about that once the tunes got
          flowing nicely! :)

          I agree, when standing near the front the sound was definately a bit
          strange, not sure how or why but like you some of it got a bit too much for
          me. Sort it out Sankeys!

          It was nice to see you too Jits, My "partner in crime" as you put it is
          called Di :)

        • c_hris_p
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 3, 2005
            Yeh Jitesh, thats me (Chris Pitcher). Sorry couldn't chat for long
            but was looking for someone. It was probably LuLu (She has a habit of
            wandering/falling asleep in clubs).

            Thought Hybrid were quality. Quite enjoyed my 18th birthday night-
            out :-)