RE: [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter tonight

  • sam@connectedup.co.uk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
      Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...

      What time did they come on??

      >Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
      >turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
      >before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
      >talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
      >to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
      >enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
      >still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
      >a very big dose of Hybrid.
      >
      >Pete.
    • Jitesh Mistry
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
        Well, they were supposed to start playing at half 3, but didn't turn up
        until about 5 past 4 and started spinning at quarter past 4 I think until
        6am. It does take a while to get to Manchester, about 3:30 to get to the
        outskirts of Manchester, and then another half an hour getting around in
        Manchester. I was there from half 12 until the end at 6am and passed out
        at home at half nine in the morning.

        They played a cracking set once they got themselves 'warmed up', most
        notably playing a awesome 4-hit combo that left my legs stiff of Hybrid -
        Visible Noise, Lee Coombs BoC's Mix of Crystal, Doves - Break Me Gently
        [Hybrid Remix] and then Golan Globus - Blazer. It was a bit wierd being
        downstairs in the main room of Sankey's to be honest and trying to groove
        along to Victor Calderone's set before Hybrid, as opposed to the last time
        I was there where they were playing in the more intimate upstairs room. I
        swear that soundsystem downstairs was butchering some perfectly good
        tracks and it really hurt my ears at times during the course of the night.
        They closed with the Hacker Remix of Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
        and those moves happened again :D just like at Tangled.

        I overheard a 'trainspotter' talking to Chris about the last track at the
        end of the night and Chris mentioning something about it being on a Future
        Funk Squad bootleg or something like that. Can anybody shed some light on
        this?

        It was nice to see Kiri and her friend (apologies that I don't know your
        name), Lulu (haven't seen you for a while!) and Chris Pitcher (I think
        that's what I heard, but you were the bloke in the black/blue Hybrid
        T-Shirt).

        Later,
        Jits.
        Seeing the past as he travels into the future
        Emotions of three quarters ago awakened again
        Whilst the disc turns, power subdued only by power
        His power wanes as he sees the dawn
        The dark mind conquered by the irrationalities of life.

        ----- Message from sam@... --------- Date: Mon, 31 Jan
        2005 06:34:37 -0500 From: "sam@..."
        <sam@...>Reply-To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE:
        [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter tonight
        To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

        > Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...
        >
        > What time did they come on??
        >

        >> Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
        >> turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
        >> before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
        >> talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
        >> to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
        >> enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
        >> still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
        >> a very big dose of Hybrid.
        >>
        >> Pete.
      • Kiri Hatton
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
          I saw them, they were on about half 4 i think, until 6

          >From: "sam@..." <sam@...>
          >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter
          >tonight
          >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:34:37 -0500
          >

          >Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...
          >
          >What time did they come on??
          >

          > >Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
          > >turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
          > >before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
          > >talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
          > >to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
          > >enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
          > >still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
          > >a very big dose of Hybrid.
          > >
          > >Pete.

          FRUITY
        • Kiri Hatton
          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
            It did take a while for the set to get going, i agree! Though i think that
            was partly due to the time, i was quite tired by that point and my feet were
            telling me to stop dancing! But i forgot about that once the tunes got
            flowing nicely! :)

            I agree, when standing near the front the sound was definately a bit
            strange, not sure how or why but like you some of it got a bit too much for
            me. Sort it out Sankeys!

            It was nice to see you too Jits, My "partner in crime" as you put it is
            called Di :)

          • c_hris_p
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 3, 2005
              Yeh Jitesh, thats me (Chris Pitcher). Sorry couldn't chat for long
              but was looking for someone. It was probably LuLu (She has a habit of
              wandering/falling asleep in clubs).

              Thought Hybrid were quality. Quite enjoyed my 18th birthday night-
              out :-)