Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter tonight

  • Jitesh Mistry
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2005
      Another all-nighter in Manchester involving Hybrid... and I thought London
      got all the cool ones. Just want to know who else is turning up, out of
      curiousity.

      Later,
      Jits.
      Seeing the past as he travels into the future
      Emotions of three quarters ago awakened again
      Whilst the disc turns, power subdued only by power
      His power wanes as he sees the dawn
      The dark mind conquered by the irrationalities of life.
    • ally @ hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 28, 2005
        I'll be there.

        Not sure about the set time. I'll be suprised if they're on as early as 12.30 as they'd have to have some kind of rocket-powered car to get from London to Manchester that fast....(ally breaks off to daydream about how cool it would be to have one...)

        I'm trying to find out their set time at the moment. Soon as I do, I'll post it to the list.

        Ally

        > Another all-nighter in Manchester involving Hybrid... and I
        thought London
        > got all the cool ones. Just want to know who else is turning up,
        out of
        > curiousity.
        >
        > Later,
        > Jits.
      • Kiri Hatton
        Message 3 of 10 , Jan 28, 2005
          I am going to be there! :)

          I will be the nutty dancer in the short denim skirt, black top with purple
          design on it, and black boots....i am still in shrewsbury at the moment
          though, my day has gone very wrong! I havent got tickets yet so i hope we
          get in!

          Anyways, would be nice to see any of you :)

          >From: "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@...>
          >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter
          >tonight
          >Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2005 15:51:49 -0000
          >

          >I'll be there.
          >
          >Not sure about the set time. I'll be suprised if they're on as early as
          >12.30 as they'd have to have some kind of rocket-powered car to get from
          >London to Manchester that fast....(ally breaks off to daydream about how
          >cool it would be to have one...)
          >
          >I'm trying to find out their set time at the moment. Soon as I do, I'll
          >post it to the list.
          >
          >Ally
          >

          > > Another all-nighter in Manchester involving Hybrid... and I
          >thought London
          > > got all the cool ones. Just want to know who else is turning up,
          >out of
          > > curiousity.
          > >
          > > Later,
          > > Jits.

          FRUITY
        • Peter Chapman
          Message 4 of 10 , Jan 29, 2005
            Darn it!

            Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
            turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
            before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
            talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
            to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
            enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
            still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
            a very big dose of Hybrid.

            Pete.
          • Alan Duval
            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 29, 2005
              Dammit! Now I REALLY wish I was there ;-)

              Greetings from New Zealand.

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Kiri Hatton" <kirihatton@h...>

            • sam@connectedup.co.uk
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
                Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...

                What time did they come on??

                >Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
                >turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
                >before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
                >talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
                >to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
                >enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
                >still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
                >a very big dose of Hybrid.
                >
                >Pete.
              • Jitesh Mistry
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
                  Well, they were supposed to start playing at half 3, but didn't turn up
                  until about 5 past 4 and started spinning at quarter past 4 I think until
                  6am. It does take a while to get to Manchester, about 3:30 to get to the
                  outskirts of Manchester, and then another half an hour getting around in
                  Manchester. I was there from half 12 until the end at 6am and passed out
                  at home at half nine in the morning.

                  They played a cracking set once they got themselves 'warmed up', most
                  notably playing a awesome 4-hit combo that left my legs stiff of Hybrid -
                  Visible Noise, Lee Coombs BoC's Mix of Crystal, Doves - Break Me Gently
                  [Hybrid Remix] and then Golan Globus - Blazer. It was a bit wierd being
                  downstairs in the main room of Sankey's to be honest and trying to groove
                  along to Victor Calderone's set before Hybrid, as opposed to the last time
                  I was there where they were playing in the more intimate upstairs room. I
                  swear that soundsystem downstairs was butchering some perfectly good
                  tracks and it really hurt my ears at times during the course of the night.
                  They closed with the Hacker Remix of Chemical Brothers - Hey Boy, Hey Girl
                  and those moves happened again :D just like at Tangled.

                  I overheard a 'trainspotter' talking to Chris about the last track at the
                  end of the night and Chris mentioning something about it being on a Future
                  Funk Squad bootleg or something like that. Can anybody shed some light on
                  this?

                  It was nice to see Kiri and her friend (apologies that I don't know your
                  name), Lulu (haven't seen you for a while!) and Chris Pitcher (I think
                  that's what I heard, but you were the bloke in the black/blue Hybrid
                  T-Shirt).

                  Later,
                  Jits.
                  Seeing the past as he travels into the future
                  Emotions of three quarters ago awakened again
                  Whilst the disc turns, power subdued only by power
                  His power wanes as he sees the dawn
                  The dark mind conquered by the irrationalities of life.

                  ----- Message from sam@... --------- Date: Mon, 31 Jan
                  2005 06:34:37 -0500 From: "sam@..."
                  <sam@...>Reply-To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com Subject: RE:
                  [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter tonight
                  To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

                  > Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...
                  >
                  > What time did they come on??
                  >

                  >> Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
                  >> turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
                  >> before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
                  >> talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
                  >> to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
                  >> enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
                  >> still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
                  >> a very big dose of Hybrid.
                  >>
                  >> Pete.
                • Kiri Hatton
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 31, 2005
                    I saw them, they were on about half 4 i think, until 6

                    >From: "sam@..." <sam@...>
                    >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: RE: [Hybrid] Re: Who's going to be at Tribal Sessions All-nighter
                    >tonight
                    >Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 06:34:37 -0500
                    >

                    >Did anyone actually catch Hybrid at Tribal...
                    >
                    >What time did they come on??
                    >

                    > >Had no idea that Hybrid would play such an early set at Fabric and
                    > >turned up at 11:20 to see them play for a total of about 15 minutes
                    > >before they had to rush off to try and get to Manchester. My friend
                    > >talked to Chris who seemed less than impressed with trying to get up
                    > >to Manchester at break neck speed, just hope they made it there early
                    > >enough for you guys to enjoy them up there. Evil Nine and Phil K were
                    > >still great though so it wasn't a bad night, just a shame I didn't get
                    > >a very big dose of Hybrid.
                    > >
                    > >Pete.

                    FRUITY
                  • Kiri Hatton
                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
                      It did take a while for the set to get going, i agree! Though i think that
                      was partly due to the time, i was quite tired by that point and my feet were
                      telling me to stop dancing! But i forgot about that once the tunes got
                      flowing nicely! :)

                      I agree, when standing near the front the sound was definately a bit
                      strange, not sure how or why but like you some of it got a bit too much for
                      me. Sort it out Sankeys!

                      It was nice to see you too Jits, My "partner in crime" as you put it is
                      called Di :)

                    • c_hris_p
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 3, 2005
                        Yeh Jitesh, thats me (Chris Pitcher). Sorry couldn't chat for long
                        but was looking for someone. It was probably LuLu (She has a habit of
                        wandering/falling asleep in clubs).

                        Thought Hybrid were quality. Quite enjoyed my 18th birthday night-
                        out :-)