making it

  • GAmoore@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 25, 2005
      I'm sorry if I have offended some people. People seem to focus a lot on the
      negative, but there was actually positive in my messages too. Hybrid is really
      talented.

      Regarding these other guys, BT, "worlds best DJ" Tiesto, "worlds best DJ"
      Oakenfold, Van Dyk, Moby,etc.... I think the confusion comes from the fact that
      dance music is 99% arrangement and 1% musical idea in general. There are
      definite limits to value to how far you can go with some beats and and an access
      virus. So these guys are all trying to reach out in various ways - making song
      CD's (BT, Oakenfold, Sascha, maybe Moby), producing pop divas, collaborations,
      movie sound tracks, concerts, etc.

      BT has some good songs, and Moby has a few, Oakenfold's pop record was ok,
      and I heard Involver and didn't think it was worth buying. Tiesto's new cd is
      not really pop songs but not just break either.

      The thing unique about Hybrid is that they are capable of very lovely musical
      ideas (musch more than the any of others except BT) combined with first rate
      production. They have massive potential. I would just like to see more of
      that.