Hybrid Videos

  • Allan, ex lord of the dole queue
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 25, 2005
      First post, very long time reader though. The vid for Kid 2000 is
      actually on the region 2 Kevin & Perry Go Large DVD. Should I be
      ashamed to admit I own that? Its one of the Easter Eggs for doing a
      quiz somewhere in the extras, or stick it in your PC and bypass it
      all. You should be able to find it dirt cheap online and in most
      shops too.
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 25, 2005
        I think this could be the best first post ever on this forum!

        --Rukes

        > First post, very long time reader though. The vid for Kid 2000 is
        > actually on the region 2 Kevin & Perry Go Large DVD. Should I be
        > ashamed to admit I own that? Its one of the Easter Eggs for doing a
        > quiz somewhere in the extras, or stick it in your PC and bypass it
        > all. You should be able to find it dirt cheap online and in most
        > shops too.
      • chrismix50
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 25, 2005
          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Allan, ex lord of the dole queue"
          <skullangelvf1@h...> wrote:

          > First post, very long time reader though. The vid for Kid 2000 is
          > actually on the region 2 Kevin & Perry Go Large DVD. Should I be
          > ashamed to admit I own that? Its one of the Easter Eggs for doing a
          > quiz somewhere in the extras, or stick it in your PC and bypass it
          > all. You should be able to find it dirt cheap online and in most
          > shops too.

          btw Ally did you ever hear back from distinctive about us sharing the
          Hybrid music videos with each other?

          I really want to see the Kid 2000 vid but being in the United States
          makes it a bit of a headache, buying it off ebay from some guy in the
          UK paying about 20 bucks after shipping and everything. Then going
          through all the title in the dvd to find the thing to rip it out. I'm
          really hoping Distinctive doesnt mind us hosting it :p

          Why did they remove it from their web site in the first place?
          Bandwith issues?
        • Chilvers, Simon
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 26, 2005
            Or you can wait a few days.... save your money and download it hopefully as
            I have it captured on my pc at home?

            Before I share it though, I'm waiting for the ok from Richard Ford and crew
            at Distinctive and I urge anyone else that is thinking of ripping the video
            off the DVD and sharing to think about the consequences first?

            Si

            PS... Girlfriend owns the DVD as well I never knew that..... good post!

            >First post, very long time reader though. The vid for Kid 2000 is
            >actually on the region 2 Kevin & Perry Go Large DVD. Should I be
            >ashamed to admit I own that? Its one of the Easter Eggs for doing a
            >quiz somewhere in the extras, or stick it in your PC and bypass it
            >all. You should be able to find it dirt cheap online and in most
            >shops too.
          • Ashraf El-Sayed
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 26, 2005
              There's gonna be a rush to HMV, I can say that much!
              And yes, this has to be one of the BEST posts ever, however, I refuse to believe that Allan is the only one on this list that knew about this, shame on the rest of you for keeping it a secret!
              Thank you Ally for introducing this list.
              ------------------------------
              So...you eat music for lunch, do you? Do you shift through
              10 hours of music a day...even during lectures?
              ------------------------------

              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 26, 2005
                Well, I thought for a first post it might as well be a good one :)
                Been away for a bit and find this thread, and have to say Im
                surprised no one else knew about this. When I did that quiz and that
                video popped up, many expletives were shouted out... all in a
                positive manner though. Best £6.99 I ever spent probably.

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Ashraf El-Sayed <gouki@o...> wrote:

                > There's gonna be a rush to HMV, I can say that much!
                > And yes, this has to be one of the BEST posts ever, however, I
                refuse to believe that Allan is the only one on this list that knew
                about this, shame on the rest of you for keeping it a secret!
                > Thank you Ally for introducing this list.
              • Jitesh Mistry
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 28, 2005
                  I went and used up a HMV voucher I had for the DVD just today.
                  =========================
                  =========================
                  =========================
                  Seeing the past as he travels into the future
                  Emotions of three quarters ago awakened again
                  Whilst the disc turns, power subdued only by power
                  His power wanes as he sees the dawn
                  The dark mind conquered by the irrationalities of life.
                  =========================
                  =========================
                  =========================

                  ----- Message from skullangelvf1@... --------- Date: Wed, 26 Jan
                  2005 18:04:04 -0000 From: "Allan, ex lord of the dole queue"
                  <skullangelvf1@...>Reply-To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com Subject:
                  [Hybrid] Re: Hybrid Videos To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com

                  > Well, I thought for a first post it might as well be a good one :)
                  > Been away for a bit and find this thread, and have to say Im
                  > surprised no one else knew about this. When I did that quiz and that
                  > video popped up, many expletives were shouted out... all in a
                  > positive manner though. Best £6.99 I ever spent probably.
                  >

                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Ashraf El-Sayed <gouki@o...> wrote:
                  >>
                  >> There's gonna be a rush to HMV, I can say that much!
                  >> And yes, this has to be one of the BEST posts ever, however, I
                  > refuse to believe that Allan is the only one on this list that knew
                  > about this, shame on the rest of you for keeping it a secret!
                  >> Thank you Ally for introducing this list.

                  ----- End message from skullangelvf1@... -----
                • richard672536
                  Message 8 of 11 , Dec 30, 2005
                    Does anyone know of any Hybrid music videos and if so where they can be
                    found/sourced? I know theres a few video treats over on hybridsoundsystem, live vids on the M Sci-Fi dvd and i seem to remember there was a sample of 'If I Survive' video of the old distinctive site.
                    Does anyone have a full copy ?

                    Regards
                    Richard

                    [[[Moderator (Alan) says: One of the versions of the CD-single for Carl Cox's 'Phuture 2000' has a video on it, and it uses the Hybrid remix edit.]]]
                  • Ashraf El-Sayed
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 3, 2006
                      I have the If I Survive video from a VCD I bought years ago (low quality) ~45mb; a high quality avi ~21mb apparently ripped from a DVD courtesy of someone from this list, and the Kid 2000 video ripped from my Kevin and Perry DVD.

                      I also have the Phuture 2000 video ripped from my single, but for some reason it skips LOADS and has no sound (Unless I play it from the CD). Might be my codecs, but I can't be bothered downloading quick time stuff anyway; XviD is fine for me.

                      If anyone wants to host them let me know or I could megaupload it.

                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 5, 2006
                          yeah that would be awesome if you guys could upload some of that
                          stuff! :D :D :D