Re: NuBreed - The Original

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
      Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original
      UK release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons
      between the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as
      well as being only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus
      version. Has anyone listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the
      differences appreciable or minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra
      mix CD (which I have read is excellent) but given that I tend to
      prefer instrumental electronica over more vocal based electronica
      would I prefer the UK version?

      Cheers

      http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mob/

      > I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
      > though!
      > http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?
      intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325

      > -Andy
    • Simon Jones
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
        Go for the Oz release. It has everything the UK one does and more..

        Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original UK
        release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons between
        the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as well as being
        only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus version. Has anyone
        listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the differences appreciable or
        minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra mix CD (which I have read is
        excellent) but given that I tend to prefer instrumental electronica over
        more vocal based electronica would I prefer the UK version?

        Cheers

        > The UK 1-disc version was released first on Mob on October 13,
        2003.
        > Looks like you can still buy it here:
        http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mob/

        > I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
        > though!
        > http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?
        intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325

        > -Andy
      • Andy Grundman
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
          Ben Abrams wrote:

          > Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original
          > UK release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons
          > between the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as
          > well as being only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus
          > version. Has anyone listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the
          > differences appreciable or minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra
          > mix CD (which I have read is excellent) but given that I tend to
          > prefer instrumental electronica over more vocal based electronica
          > would I prefer the UK version?

          You've heard right, the UK version has more instrumental tracks, as you
          can see below. Of course you'll want both versions if you want to have
          every track. :) The Phil K mix CD is pretty good, although he was
          limited to only using NuBreed tracks/remixes. It does have some of the
          older rare tracks like Midi Killa (my favorite NuBreed track). If you
          like Phil K I also recommend the Therapy Sessions mix he did; both his
          disc and Dave Seaman's are excellent.

          UK instrumental: 69%
          AU instrumental: 40%

          UK-only tracks