RE: [Hybrid] NuBreed - The Original

  • christophe mason-parker
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
      As well as the extra cd mixed by Phil K, the Australian cd has a couple of
      extra tracks on it. Definately worth a purchase.

      >http://nubreed.gavinstok.com/
      >
      >Came out October 2003
      >
      >Drew
    • Ben Abrams
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
        Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original
        UK release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons
        between the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as
        well as being only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus
        version. Has anyone listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the
        differences appreciable or minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra
        mix CD (which I have read is excellent) but given that I tend to
        prefer instrumental electronica over more vocal based electronica
        would I prefer the UK version?

        Cheers

        http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mob/

        > I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
        > though!
        > http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?
        intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325

        > -Andy
      • Simon Jones
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
          Go for the Oz release. It has everything the UK one does and more..

          Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original UK
          release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons between
          the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as well as being
          only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus version. Has anyone
          listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the differences appreciable or
          minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra mix CD (which I have read is
          excellent) but given that I tend to prefer instrumental electronica over
          more vocal based electronica would I prefer the UK version?

          Cheers

          > The UK 1-disc version was released first on Mob on October 13,
          2003.
          > Looks like you can still buy it here:
          http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mob/

          > I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
          > though!
          > http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?
          intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325

          > -Andy
        • Andy Grundman
          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
            Ben Abrams wrote:

            > Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original
            > UK release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons
            > between the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as
            > well as being only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus
            > version. Has anyone listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the
            > differences appreciable or minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra
            > mix CD (which I have read is excellent) but given that I tend to
            > prefer instrumental electronica over more vocal based electronica
            > would I prefer the UK version?

            You've heard right, the UK version has more instrumental tracks, as you
            can see below. Of course you'll want both versions if you want to have
            every track. :) The Phil K mix CD is pretty good, although he was
            limited to only using NuBreed tracks/remixes. It does have some of the
            older rare tracks like Midi Killa (my favorite NuBreed track). If you
            like Phil K I also recommend the Therapy Sessions mix he did; both his
            disc and Dave Seaman's are excellent.

            UK instrumental: 69%
            AU instrumental: 40%

            UK-only tracks