NuBreed - The Original

  • Ben Abrams
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 6, 2005
      Hi everyone,

      wondered if anybody had any idea if/when the UK version of this album
      was released? Cant seem to find a review for it anywhere and can
      only find the import version available on Amazon. Thanks in advance

      Ben
    • christophe mason-parker
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 6, 2005
        It was released in October 2003.

        >From: "Ben Abrams" <benjabrams@...>
        >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Hybrid] NuBreed - The Original
        >Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2005 14:44:32 -0000
        >

        >Hi everyone,
        >
        >wondered if anybody had any idea if/when the UK version of this album
        >was released? Cant seem to find a review for it anywhere and can
        >only find the import version available on Amazon. Thanks in advance
        >
        >Ben

      • Simon Jones
        Message 3 of 12 , Jan 6, 2005
          October 2003 or thereabouts the UK version was released.

          Message 4 of 12 , Jan 6, 2005
            http://nubreed.gavinstok.com/

            Came out October 2003

            Drew

          • deadman3000
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 6, 2005
              Ben Abrams wrote:

              >Hi everyone,
              >
              >wondered if anybody had any idea if/when the UK version of this album
              >was released? Cant seem to find a review for it anywhere and can
              >only find the import version available on Amazon. Thanks in advance
              >
              >Ben

              I'm pretty sure it was released a while back. I have both versions
              (Australian and the one released over here but I imported the Australian
              version and downloaded the version released over here *cough* I am sure
              that's OK though since I bought the Oz version ;) I have not compared
              them side by side but I think the UK version lacks the extra mix CD)
            • dishingpump3
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 6, 2005
                http://nubreed.gavinstok.com/

                I think it's on here. According to the site, it was released on Oct 13, 2003. Go to
                discographies, then Commercial releases.

                I'm personally gonna wait and save my money for the Australian release (even though it's
                pretty expensive), which has a neat cover, not to mention the reworking of disc one and an
                extra disc of tracks.

                Dishing Pump
              • Andy Grundman
                Message 7 of 12 , Jan 6, 2005
                  Ben Abrams wrote:

                  > Hi everyone,
                  >
                  > wondered if anybody had any idea if/when the UK version of this album
                  > was released? Cant seem to find a review for it anywhere and can
                  > only find the import version available on Amazon. Thanks in advance
                  >
                  > Ben

                  The UK 1-disc version was released first on Mob on October 13, 2003.
                  Looks like you can still buy it here: http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mob/

                  I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
                  though!
                  http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325

                  -Andy
                • deadman3000
                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
                    Andy Grundman wrote:

                    >I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
                    >though!
                    >http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325
                    >
                    >-Andy

                    I can vouch for that ;)
                  • christophe mason-parker
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
                      As well as the extra cd mixed by Phil K, the Australian cd has a couple of
                      extra tracks on it. Definately worth a purchase.

                      >http://nubreed.gavinstok.com/
                      >
                      >Came out October 2003
                      >
                      >Drew
                    • Ben Abrams
                      Message 10 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
                        Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original
                        UK release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons
                        between the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as
                        well as being only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus
                        version. Has anyone listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the
                        differences appreciable or minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra
                        mix CD (which I have read is excellent) but given that I tend to
                        prefer instrumental electronica over more vocal based electronica
                        would I prefer the UK version?

                        Cheers

                        > The UK 1-disc version was released first on Mob on October 13,
                        2003.
                        > Looks like you can still buy it here:
                        http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mob/

                        > I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
                        > though!
                        > http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?
                        intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325

                        > -Andy
                      • Simon Jones
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
                          Go for the Oz release. It has everything the UK one does and more..

                          Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original UK
                          release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons between
                          the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as well as being
                          only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus version. Has anyone
                          listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the differences appreciable or
                          minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra mix CD (which I have read is
                          excellent) but given that I tend to prefer instrumental electronica over
                          more vocal based electronica would I prefer the UK version?

                          Cheers

                          > The UK 1-disc version was released first on Mob on October 13,
                          2003.
                          > Looks like you can still buy it here:
                          http://www.recordstore.co.uk/mob/

                          > I highly recommend the 2-disc Aussie version over the UK version,
                          > though!
                          > http://www.sanity.com.au/product.asp?
                          intProductID=551049&intArtistID=135325

                          > -Andy
                        • Andy Grundman
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jan 7, 2005
                            Ben Abrams wrote:

                            > Thanks for the response everyone. Looks like I missed the original
                            > UK release date in the aftermath of the MSF release. Wrt comparisons
                            > between the UK/Aussie versions I understand that the UK version (as
                            > well as being only the one disc) has less vocals than the Aus
                            > version. Has anyone listened to both versions (Andy?)... are the
                            > differences appreciable or minimal? I am always a sucker for an extra
                            > mix CD (which I have read is excellent) but given that I tend to
                            > prefer instrumental electronica over more vocal based electronica
                            > would I prefer the UK version?

                            You've heard right, the UK version has more instrumental tracks, as you
                            can see below. Of course you'll want both versions if you want to have
                            every track. :) The Phil K mix CD is pretty good, although he was
                            limited to only using NuBreed tracks/remixes. It does have some of the
                            older rare tracks like Midi Killa (my favorite NuBreed track). If you
                            like Phil K I also recommend the Therapy Sessions mix he did; both his
                            disc and Dave Seaman's are excellent.

                            UK instrumental: 69%
                            AU instrumental: 40%

                            UK-only tracks