Hybrid R.e.m. Remix?

  • Jk
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2005
      Called 'R.E.M. - "The Great Beyond" (Hybrid Remix)'

      Where can I buy it? On mp3 or CD (don't have a turntable). Didn't see
      it on BeatPort. I have a Kiss100FM mixset they did with the track on
      it, but I want the original. Any ideas? Or where to pick up their
      other not so easily found remixes?

      Thanks.
    • James Warren
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 4, 2005
        The REM remix had to be shelved (at least for the foreseeable future) due to
        legal reasons i.e. REM's record company weren't happy.

        If you check out the Hybrid Y4K cd and, in particular, the remix of
        'Blackout', you should notice more than a passing resemblance to the 'The
        Great Beyond'. I'm afraid that's probably as close as we'll get.

        Some remixes can be found on the Distinctive website (192kbs mp3), otherwise
        it's a question of hunting for vinyl on ebay (other auction sites are
        available ;).

        Cheers,

        James