Re: [Hybrid] Ultra DVD

  • Chaz Schlueter
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 29, 2004
      ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2004 DVD...AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE MUSIC IS SOLD
      Running Time: 1:33
      1. "Freedom" - Kevens
      2. "Repeat to Specify" - Sander Kleinenberg
      3. "Original Jungle Sound" - Switched Special Forces Phototek Mix
      4. "The End" - Junkie XL
      5. "Breezer" - Junkie XL featuring Shahsa
      6. "Beauty Never Fades" - Tiesto featuring BT
      7. "Love Comes Again" - Rabbit in the Moon
      8. "Mind Fuct (Hypobunny) Hypnotized" - Paul Oakenfold
      9. "S19 Acid "- Josh Wink
      10. "Time Of Our Lives" (UK Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk
      11. "Dubassex (Wish You Were Here)" - Rabbit in the Moon
      12. "Jax" - Baby Anne
      13. "Traffic" - Tiesto
      14. "Montana's War" - Cartel
      15. "O.B.E. (Out Of Body Experience)" - Rabbit in the Moon
      16. "Southern Sun" - Paul Oakenfold
      17. "Crush" (Vandit Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk

      http://sites.browsermanaged.com/folder17942/index.cfm?refer=risda

      one link I found or you can GOOGLE it...(lazy points to you...)...Antti...it shipped to 19
      different countries....look around
      :)

      chaz

    • CPfaff17@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
        not sure what the line up truly is, but junkie xl did songs 5 and 6 back to
        back. i'm not to familiar with matching song titles with the other artists.
        but it looked awesome,by the way. quite professional. i got a chance to
        catch a glimpse of it when bunny invited us over to review it before the editing
        was finished. the only thing that i think sucks about it, and it probably is
        noticable amongst the other footage, is the fact that they couldnt record the
        music live, due to the drifting beats from the other stages. so they had to
        take the originals and make it work. so some of you may notice that the crowd
        isnt jumping up and down at the right time, mouthing the lyrics look a tad bit
        off. none the less, its cool. also, i think they need to give more props to
        kevens. freedom is a cool song but he's got a lot better than that.
        especially his whole speech on mary jane.....

        i wonder if they will be doing it again this upcoming march?
      • Raj Marathe
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
          Is that all that is on the DVD?
          If that is the case, I am going to say that...
          There is too much mainstream for the dvd.
          Not enough of a balance of everything.
          And that is extremely silly, imo.

          Not enough of The Breakbeat Pavillion, the Drum and Bass Arena, there is
          no view of the House tent, the Progressive Area gets no coverage on the
          DVD, no coverage of 'Florida Favorites', no coverage of the 'Bass Walk
          Records Tent', no coverage of the 'Vice Electro Stage', no coverage of
          the 'South Florida All Stars' area, and no coverage of the 'VIP Ultra
          Beach Stage' etc. judging from the tracklist...

          This DVD is NOT balanced. I saw the cameras recording at The Breakbeat
          Pavillion on HD Tape for Freeland and others -- and none of that sort
          is seen here.

          The Producers of this DVD did not do as good of a job as they could
          have. Two discs would have been appropriate, but from what I've read of
          the tracklist, none of that exists. Fair balance is something they
          obviously don't know. Sure, the idiots want to see Oakey and the likes,
          but I could give a shit about Oakey or those blokes. I'd rather see all
          of the other stuff going on. I wouldn't want to buy a dvd to hear
          Oakenfold play 'Setting Sun'. Awful.

          If there is more to this DVD, please, someone enlighten me.
          Otherwise I have no choice but to keep my opinion as mentioned.

          Amazed and disappointed,

          Raj

          Quoting Chaz Schlueter <chazsch@...>:

          > ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2004 DVD...AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE MUSIC IS SOLD
          > Running Time: 1:33
          > 1. "Freedom" - Kevens
          > 2. "Repeat to Specify" - Sander Kleinenberg
          > 3. "Original Jungle Sound" - Switched Special Forces Phototek Mix
          > 4. "The End" - Junkie XL
          > 5. "Breezer" - Junkie XL featuring Shahsa
          > 6. "Beauty Never Fades" - Tiesto featuring BT
          > 7. "Love Comes Again" - Rabbit in the Moon
          > 8. "Mind Fuct (Hypobunny) Hypnotized" - Paul Oakenfold
          > 9. "S19 Acid "- Josh Wink
          > 10. "Time Of Our Lives" (UK Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk
          > 11. "Dubassex (Wish You Were Here)" - Rabbit in the Moon
          > 12. "Jax" - Baby Anne
          > 13. "Traffic" - Tiesto
          > 14. "Montana's War" - Cartel
          > 15. "O.B.E. (Out Of Body Experience)" - Rabbit in the Moon
          > 16. "Southern Sun" - Paul Oakenfold
          > 17. "Crush" (Vandit Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk
          >
          > http://sites.browsermanaged.com/folder17942/index.cfm?refer=risda
          >
          > one link I found or you can GOOGLE it...(lazy points to
          > you...)...Antti...it shipped to 19
          > different countries....look around
          > :)
          >
          > chaz
          >
          > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Antti Mutta" <antti.mutta@s...>
          > wrote:
          > >
          > > Where from? I mean could you throw an URL this way because it's not
          > probably
          > > on sale (at least yet) here in Finland. Thanks!
          > >
          > > Oh, and who are featured on the disc?
          > >
          > > -antti
          > >
          > > > Just so everyone is aware...the Ultra Music Fest DVD from this
          > past March
          > > is now
          > > > available...lots of good music and interviews...
          > > > GO BUY IT NOW!!
          > > > :)
          > > >
          > > > Chaz

        • Chaz Schlueter
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
            doing what again, Carolyn?

            Ultra? :)
            recording a new DVD?

            Kevens does have better songs. When Berekely was helping edit the rabbit stuff, he
            mentioned to me about the tracks having to be matched...part of the problem was the
            sound engineers. there was uspposed to be live recordings off the sound bpard on every
            stage...that got messed up for the second year in a row. DC (confucius) & Bunny were
            pissed at soound people on second main stage.

            This is the same show that was on pay-per-view back a few months ago
            chaz

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
              LOL.
              They need 'reliable' sound people. And for an event of that magnitude,
              that is amazing that they couldn't get the recordings. They could have
              done separate line outs to separate recording devices, thus one per
              deck -- and correction could be made in ProTools in post.
              Basic stuff there, not rocket science. Piss Poor Planning (PPP) gets
              piss-poor results.

              If they want professionals who can do it right, tell them to get in
              touch with me. I can do the job right and I can bring a crew who can do
              it properly.

              Regards,