Re: [Hybrid] Ultra DVD

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 23, 2004
      Where from? I mean could you throw an URL this way because it's not probably
      on sale (at least yet) here in Finland. Thanks!

      Oh, and who are featured on the disc?

      -antti

      > Just so everyone is aware...the Ultra Music Fest DVD from this past March
      is now
      > available...lots of good music and interviews...
      > GO BUY IT NOW!!
      > :)
      >
      > Chaz
    • Chaz Schlueter
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2004
        ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2004 DVD...AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE MUSIC IS SOLD
        Running Time: 1:33
        1. "Freedom" - Kevens
        2. "Repeat to Specify" - Sander Kleinenberg
        3. "Original Jungle Sound" - Switched Special Forces Phototek Mix
        4. "The End" - Junkie XL
        5. "Breezer" - Junkie XL featuring Shahsa
        6. "Beauty Never Fades" - Tiesto featuring BT
        7. "Love Comes Again" - Rabbit in the Moon
        8. "Mind Fuct (Hypobunny) Hypnotized" - Paul Oakenfold
        9. "S19 Acid "- Josh Wink
        10. "Time Of Our Lives" (UK Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk
        11. "Dubassex (Wish You Were Here)" - Rabbit in the Moon
        12. "Jax" - Baby Anne
        13. "Traffic" - Tiesto
        14. "Montana's War" - Cartel
        15. "O.B.E. (Out Of Body Experience)" - Rabbit in the Moon
        16. "Southern Sun" - Paul Oakenfold
        17. "Crush" (Vandit Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk

        http://sites.browsermanaged.com/folder17942/index.cfm?refer=risda

        one link I found or you can GOOGLE it...(lazy points to you...)...Antti...it shipped to 19
        different countries....look around
        :)

        chaz

      • CPfaff17@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
          not sure what the line up truly is, but junkie xl did songs 5 and 6 back to
          back. i'm not to familiar with matching song titles with the other artists.
          but it looked awesome,by the way. quite professional. i got a chance to
          catch a glimpse of it when bunny invited us over to review it before the editing
          was finished. the only thing that i think sucks about it, and it probably is
          noticable amongst the other footage, is the fact that they couldnt record the
          music live, due to the drifting beats from the other stages. so they had to
          take the originals and make it work. so some of you may notice that the crowd
          isnt jumping up and down at the right time, mouthing the lyrics look a tad bit
          off. none the less, its cool. also, i think they need to give more props to
          kevens. freedom is a cool song but he's got a lot better than that.
          especially his whole speech on mary jane.....

          i wonder if they will be doing it again this upcoming march?
        • Raj Marathe
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 30, 2004
            Is that all that is on the DVD?
            If that is the case, I am going to say that...
            There is too much mainstream for the dvd.
            Not enough of a balance of everything.
            And that is extremely silly, imo.

            Not enough of The Breakbeat Pavillion, the Drum and Bass Arena, there is
            no view of the House tent, the Progressive Area gets no coverage on the
            DVD, no coverage of 'Florida Favorites', no coverage of the 'Bass Walk
            Records Tent', no coverage of the 'Vice Electro Stage', no coverage of
            the 'South Florida All Stars' area, and no coverage of the 'VIP Ultra
            Beach Stage' etc. judging from the tracklist...

            This DVD is NOT balanced. I saw the cameras recording at The Breakbeat
            Pavillion on HD Tape for Freeland and others -- and none of that sort
            is seen here.

            The Producers of this DVD did not do as good of a job as they could
            have. Two discs would have been appropriate, but from what I've read of
            the tracklist, none of that exists. Fair balance is something they
            obviously don't know. Sure, the idiots want to see Oakey and the likes,
            but I could give a shit about Oakey or those blokes. I'd rather see all
            of the other stuff going on. I wouldn't want to buy a dvd to hear
            Oakenfold play 'Setting Sun'. Awful.

            If there is more to this DVD, please, someone enlighten me.
            Otherwise I have no choice but to keep my opinion as mentioned.

            Amazed and disappointed,

            Raj

            Quoting Chaz Schlueter <chazsch@...>:

            > ULTRA MUSIC FESTIVAL 2004 DVD...AVAILABLE EVERYWHERE MUSIC IS SOLD
            > Running Time: 1:33
            > 1. "Freedom" - Kevens
            > 2. "Repeat to Specify" - Sander Kleinenberg
            > 3. "Original Jungle Sound" - Switched Special Forces Phototek Mix
            > 4. "The End" - Junkie XL
            > 5. "Breezer" - Junkie XL featuring Shahsa
            > 6. "Beauty Never Fades" - Tiesto featuring BT
            > 7. "Love Comes Again" - Rabbit in the Moon
            > 8. "Mind Fuct (Hypobunny) Hypnotized" - Paul Oakenfold
            > 9. "S19 Acid "- Josh Wink
            > 10. "Time Of Our Lives" (UK Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk
            > 11. "Dubassex (Wish You Were Here)" - Rabbit in the Moon
            > 12. "Jax" - Baby Anne
            > 13. "Traffic" - Tiesto
            > 14. "Montana's War" - Cartel
            > 15. "O.B.E. (Out Of Body Experience)" - Rabbit in the Moon
            > 16. "Southern Sun" - Paul Oakenfold
            > 17. "Crush" (Vandit Club Mix) - Paul van Dyk
            >
            > http://sites.browsermanaged.com/folder17942/index.cfm?refer=risda
            >
            > one link I found or you can GOOGLE it...(lazy points to
            > you...)...Antti...it shipped to 19
            > different countries....look around
            > :)
            >
            > chaz
            >
            > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Antti Mutta" <antti.mutta@s...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Where from? I mean could you throw an URL this way because it's not
            > probably
            > > on sale (at least yet) here in Finland. Thanks!
            > >
            > > Oh, and who are featured on the disc?
            > >
            > > -antti
            > >
            > > > Just so everyone is aware...the Ultra Music Fest DVD from this
            > past March
            > > is now
            > > > available...lots of good music and interviews...
            > > > GO BUY IT NOW!!
            > > > :)
            > > >
            > > > Chaz

          • Chaz Schlueter
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 1, 2004
              doing what again, Carolyn?

              Ultra? :)
              recording a new DVD?

              Kevens does have better songs. When Berekely was helping edit the rabbit stuff, he
              mentioned to me about the tracks having to be matched...part of the problem was the
              sound engineers. there was uspposed to be live recordings off the sound bpard on every
              stage...that got messed up for the second year in a row. DC (confucius) & Bunny were
              pissed at soound people on second main stage.

              This is the same show that was on pay-per-view back a few months ago
              chaz

              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 2, 2004
                LOL.
                They need 'reliable' sound people. And for an event of that magnitude,
                that is amazing that they couldn't get the recordings. They could have
                done separate line outs to separate recording devices, thus one per
                deck -- and correction could be made in ProTools in post.
                Basic stuff there, not rocket science. Piss Poor Planning (PPP) gets
                piss-poor results.

                If they want professionals who can do it right, tell them to get in
                touch with me. I can do the job right and I can bring a crew who can do
                it properly.

                Regards,