Re: [HybridUK] Kid 2000...

  • Stuart Bruce
    Message 1 of 2 , May 4 11:18 PM
      On Thu 04 May, Matthew Craig wrote:
      > How do you all feel about "Kid 2000"? I finally got to hear it
      > yesterday and think its a killer track. So much orchestra is used, it
      > really blurs the lines between experimental dance music and
      > expermental classical. (sounds like a contradiction in terms, I know -
      > but it actually does exist!) It really shows how well an orchestra can
      > sound with modern production techniques.. Anyway, I think the track is
      > brilliant. Anyone else care to comment?

      Well, I must admit it's not my favourite Hybrid track by a long way. The
      programming is of course slick and the orchestra does sound good, but it
      lacks a bit of "kick".

      And to be honest the thing I like least is Chrissie Hynde's vocal; I
      don't think it "sits" right within the sound of the track, not to
      mention that it's not very evocative or emotional (to my ears) so you
      can barely tell where the verse becomes the chorus. It's also
      disappointingly undramatic.

      All in my humble opinion, of course; not to mention it still knocks the
      soggy pants off of everything else on the "Kevin & Perry" soundtrack
      album.

      Stuart.

      --
      Stuart Bruce