Re: Hybrid @ Hush In Victoria BC

  • Chaz Schlueter
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 2, 2004
      yeah, I think a few of us have been to one of their shows...(wink)

      Hybird DJ sets are GREAT. Best Damn dj's out there HANDS DOWN. Forget sasha and
      digweed (well, put them on back burner)...Mike & Chris #1

      Hybrid LIVE SHOWS are even better. A full on hybrid experience is unforgetable.

      I have seen something like 10 dj sets in past 3 years...(i am averaging) and 3 live shows
      dating back to Ultra 1.

      also...VERY nice guys. Very approchable...and if your cool, chris will make a face when
      taking a picture with ya.... If you talk to them, tell them their Miami Fan's say HI!

      Chaz

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "lakeofdreams2003" <hootenannyshenanigan@h...>
      wrote:
      > Hey Guys,
      >
      > I am new to this group, so be a little patient if I ask redundant
      > questions. I am going to see Hybrid this Sunday (totally stoked).
      > Has anyone here been to one of their shows? I'd like to hear from
      > fans what they think.
      > Thanks
    • Donald Fagen
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 6, 2004
        I've been meaning to send this message for a little while now!

        I was out in San Francisco for a week on a business trip. On
        Wednesday, October 25th I
        started my night at 111 Minna and then ended up at Anu which is at
        6th and Market.

        When I walked in, my initial intention was to stay until about 12:30
        (since I got there at 10:
        30) and go back and sleep. When I walked in, I saw Mike Truman
        sitting at the bar. After
        a brief introduction he remembered me from Buzz (in DC) and Transit
        (in Philly).

        Mike spun from about 11:00 until 2:00am. He banged the set out,
        starting with Them
        from Wide Angle. I couldn't believe that I was going to miss Hybrid
        at Buzz on the
        following Friday, but got to catch a Mike Truman set a couple nights
        before. What great
        luck!

        If anyone was there, please let me know what Mike closed with.
        Management told him he
        had to stop, so he stopped briefly and then played a punk rock song
        that I didn't
        recognize. If you know the song, let me know!

        Anyway, I feel pretty lucky to have seen an unscheduled Mike Truman
        set.

        Later!
      • Davin Greenwell
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 12, 2004
          Well, was that amazing or what? Here are some pix from Hybrid and
          myself playing at Hush:
          http://davin.ws/archives/003272.html

          Cheers!
          Davin