[OT] friggin hurricanes

  • EvilAlivE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 2, 2004
      ive been in south florida on and off for nearly 30 years of my life... and
      we've had so many storms come and go... and ive never ever had a bad feeling
      about one of them... until i saw this one a few days ago...

      i had the worst feeling about it... and its been right thus far

      yeah... im scared.. really scared.. i live 1/3 of a mile off the ocean.. on
      a small island...

      im not stayiing in my house...

      im just afraid of losing all my earthly possesions.. even though... if it
      does happen...

      at least ill be alive and well... possibly looking to relocate

      :)

      see ya on the other side

      might be a few days before i can communicate again
    • James Warren
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 6, 2004
        I really hope all works out okay and you return unscathed.

        Must be exceptionally frightening knowing that everything can get blown
        away.

        Will be keeping an ear on events.

        James

      • ally@hybrid-group.com
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 6, 2004
          Good luck!!

          Ally x
        • CPfaff17@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 6, 2004
            damn frances! left me holed up in my shuttered house all alone on a holiday
            weekend. thankfully, the lord provided a lot of beer and a few stupid friends
            to play games with all night by candlelight...
          • RICHARD LUND
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 7, 2004
              Same here...

              Been here some 14 years now & this was the first one I ever evacuated for ...

              Im closer to the middle of Fla. (central florida / brevard county ) for those of you in 'the know'

              I grabbed all the possessions I could and ran north & still got hit

              But luckily Im home now ... everythings cool .... my work on Cocoa Beach is still there ...

              MSN Mailbox overflowing ...

              Home you made it through this alright .... all you in FLA stay safe ...

              And whats this another one on the way "Crazy Ivan"

              BAAHHHHH...

              Rick
            • Matt A
              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 7, 2004
                Yeah, 3 hurricanes in a row that are going to hit Florida. Frances is so
                huge that the tip of it is eventually going to hit Michigan, way up north
                where I live. I work for Ford Motor Company and part of my job covers the
                Florida region. Needless to say, most of the dealerships I call aren't in.

                I hope everyone on the list is safe and sound and remains so if/when Ivan hits.
                Matt A.

                At 09:14 AM 9/7/2004, you wrote:
                >Same here...
                >
                >Been here some 14 years now & this was the first one I ever evacuated for ...
                >
                >Im closer to the middle of Fla. (central florida / brevard county ) for
                >those of you in 'the know'
                >
                >I grabbed all the possessions I could and ran north & still got hit
                >
                >But luckily Im home now ... everythings cool .... my work on Cocoa Beach
                >is still there ...
                >
                >MSN Mailbox overflowing ...
                >
                >Home you made it through this alright .... all you in FLA stay safe ...
                >
                >And whats this another one on the way "Crazy Ivan"
                >
                >BAAHHHHH...
                >

                >Rick

              • Davin Greenwell
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 12, 2004
                  jason.. my brother lives in sarasota.. not the south of florida but
                  still on the coast-ish.. he flew back to florida this morning.. i am
                  worried about him .. and you as well. hope it goes ok for you, this
                  year has been really bad in a short span of time.

                  best wishes,
                  davin
                  --
                • EvilAlivE@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Sep 13, 2004
                    many thanx...

                    we were lucky

                    we never got the BRUNT of it... 80-90 mph winds... but fortunatly.. we were
                    prepared.. and so were our neighbors... nothing much was damaged other then my
                    tii hut.. and that damage was very minimal

                    :)