RE: [Hybrid] Digest Number 1685

  • Jason Michael
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 31, 2004
      > Date: Tue, 31 Aug 2004 09:44:07 -0000 From: "nickbower2000"
      ><nickbower2000@...> Subject: Re: @ HotLanta Saturday 29th...
      >
      >--- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Scott Moore <wizum2003@y...> wrote:
      >
      > > oh and did anyone hear the Ian James openning set? he was playing some
      >really good stuff... I think I have heard of people talking about a remix
      >of Tears for Fears's "shout"? Ian played this at one point and it was an
      >great remix...one of the best I have heard of a remixed 80's tune...
      >
      >That would be Tears for Fears vs Skylark (AKA DJ/Producer Nic Fanciulli)
      >-'Shout'...
      >
      >:)
      >
      >Nick

      I havent heard that mix, your probably right. Unkle used to play a mix of
      tears for fears vs DMX - Shout/who we be

      i was never familar with the original must be too young :P
      but it was quite good in the unkle set....
      jase
    • Scott Moore
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
        well... I don't think its monthly but a quarterly thing... they were last here in May? I think... and they reappeared this last weekend (August)... so I am betting on getting to seen them in Nov. or December for their fourth quarter residency :)

        Scott

        DJ Face <face@...> wrote:
        sounds like they played a few of the same track in ATL as they did in DC.
        luckily, you people in Hotlanta will be seeing more of Hybrid, as I've
        heard they hold a (monthly?) residency at Eleven50...

        Face
      • Chris Baugher
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
          On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Jason Michael wrote:

          > I havent heard that mix, your probably right. Unkle used to play a mix of
          > tears for fears vs DMX - Shout/who we be
          >
          > i was never familar with the original must be too young :P
          > but it was quite good in the unkle set....

          Great song. I had the original on 45. Remember those?
          ;-)

        • Chaz Schlueter
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 1, 2004
            i am familair with the Unkle mix of that. anyone know who's inner city life version they
            played? Rabbit in the Moon? since RITM has like 5 versions...

            there is a drum and base version thats good too...I will check when I get home
            chaz