Plump Djs take over Annie Nightingale

  • nickbower2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 2004
      Hello All...

      Not Hybrid-related, but I just thought I'd let you know that I stayed
      up to listen to Annie Nightingale's BBC Radio 1 show this morning
      (1am-3am), only to be pleasantly surprised that the Plump DJ boys had
      taken control. Enjoyed the show so much I thought I'd share it with
      you. If you get chance, go have a listen. Its now online on the BBC
      Radio one site.

      http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/nightingale

      Some highlights:

      - Extremely phat Plump Dj's - Max Sedgeley - 'Happy' (Bootleg) along
      with a 20 minute mix of theirs...containing the equally
      bouncy "Doctor Dub" - a new track of theirs they played (Amusingly
      sampling the Thompson Twins 80's hit 'Dr, Dr'!). Only after one
      listen it has to be one of the best Plumps tracks I've heard to date.
      Awesome.

      - *New* Lee Coombs re-rub of New Order's 'Crystal' (better than his
      last one IMO), plus an interview with Mr Coombs, regarding his new
      album

      - Nice new Kraak n Smaak track - 'Set Fire To The Disco'

      - Ils remix of Free*land's 'Mindkiller'

      - A phone interview with Rennie Pilgrem and awesome cut - 'Go Rock'
      from his new album 'Pilgremage'. Definitely worth checking out.

      - A tough but funky 20 minute mix from the Stanton Warriors.
      (Definitely back on track, being that I've not been that impressed
      with their stuff for the last few months).

      Enjoy

      :)

      Nick