Hybrid Mp3 releases

  • Mike Henderson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 13, 2004
      I think it's just dandy that Dinstinctive dump distro'ing mp3s themselves and use an existing service like Karma Download. Hosting the mp3s on their own site makes no sense, as it will not grow Hybrid's listenership at all.

      However, I would LOVE it if Dinstinctive would go back and do a few more "CDR promo" releases, particularly for older OOP packages like Fall Out Of Love.

      Beatport -- Can you opt to download the WAVs now? Before, they would only burn the WAVs to CD, and it was hideously expensive to do so.

      Now, I love Beatport's user interface -- Karma's is pretty awful (I shouldn't have to wait for a search page reload after adding each track to the cart!).

      Mike
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 16, 2004
        I doubt you would be able to download the WAV's anytime soon, that's a huge bandwith hog. It would cost MUCH less to ship them than
        to let people download them.

        Just do what I do, get at least 10 tracks you want and then shipping doesn't look so bad :) Not to mention that 2nd day shipping
        usualy turns into next day air if you live near a big city.

        Drew

        > I think it's just dandy that Dinstinctive dump distro'ing
        > mp3s themselves and use an existing service like Karma
        > Download. Hosting the mp3s on their own site makes no sense,
        > as it will not grow Hybrid's listenership at all.
        >
        > However, I would LOVE it if Dinstinctive would go back and do
        > a few more "CDR promo" releases, particularly for older OOP
        > packages like Fall Out Of Love.
        >
        > Beatport -- Can you opt to download the WAVs now? Before,
        > they would only burn the WAVs to CD, and it was hideously
        > expensive to do so.
        >
        > Now, I love Beatport's user interface -- Karma's is pretty
        > awful (I shouldn't have to wait for a search page reload
        > after adding each track to the cart!).
        >
        > Mike
      • Mike Henderson
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 17, 2004
          Yeah, it's silly of me to balk, even w/ shipping to the US at $12. I mean,
          I'd happily pay $25 for a "real" CD single with some of those tunes off of
          eBay. But then, I ain't be too smart. :)

          Mike

          >Just do what I do, get at least 10 tracks you want and then shipping
          doesn't look so bad :) >Not to mention that 2nd day shipping
          >usualy turns into next day air if you live near a big city.
          >
          >Drew
        • Drew Ressler
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 5, 2004
            Just letting everyone know, I have a promo CD from a record pool with the rare Comix - Hybrid remix on it!

            http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=307&item=4035436476
          • Drew Ressler
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 14, 2004
              Here's Hybrid's top 10 list from the new issue of BPM.

              Andy Page - Alien (Unreleased)
              Gus Gus - David (Luke Chable Remix)
              Grayarea - Gravity (Hybrid Remix)
              Ulrich Schnauss - On My Own (Sasha Edit)
              Anjay - The Pledge (Unreleased)
              Benz & MD - Wonder
              Dylan Rhymes - The Way (Elite Force Remix)
              Christian J - Rise
              Hi Fi Bugs - Untitled (Ryeland's Re-Edit)
              Doves - Break Me Gently (Hybrid Remix)

              --Rukes