Re: Hybrid Unofficial Site

  • ally@xxxxx.xx.xx
    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 28, 1999
      >I have quite a few, if anybody would be
      >interested in some of the mp3's, I'd be glad to oblige.

      Yes please!!!!!!!!

      What's the best way of getting them from you? A mate e-mailed me quite a few the other say and they came out fine - not sure about your mail connection though...?

      >> Also, where would I find the Way Out West _dub_ of �If I Survive�?

      I don't have an mp3 of it, but would be
      >willing to encode it, if anyone's interested.

      *ally pleads*

      >> Has anyone on this list had any contact with the
      >> band themselves?

      When I went to Creamfields, I met several people who knew the band...they weren't joking either - Hybrid were soeaking with them, right next to me. I was too busy gawping to say anything! Doh!!

      "like Hotmail but faster and a lot better"
      Carol Vorderman, The Mirror, writing about http://www.funmail.co.uk
    • Stuart Bruce
      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 29, 1999
        On Wed 29 Sep, ally@... wrote:
        > > For anybody who likes Hybrid, I highly recommend Way out West.
        >
        > Yeah - they've done some good stuff - I like their remix of 'If I
        > Survive' too.

        My favourite of their remixes is their Faithless "Salva Mea" remix. I
        was also well impressed by the Lost Witness "Happiness Happening" one,
        and from some time ago their remix of "Stars" by Dubstar is a must-hear
        (but in quite a different style to their more recent mixes).

        > I think it's time for a trip down to HMV tomorrow to purchase the
        > album (along with Le ftfield's).

        Only Virgin have a copy in York, and I was planning to buy that for my
        birthday on Saturday, unless you get it first... <grin>.

        Leftfield's album is quite good, but the reviews that explained that
        it's a deep & moody album rather than a massive & anthemic 'comeback
        album' were all correct.

        Stuart.

        --
        Stuart Bruce
        stuart@...
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 29, 1999
          >>I have quite a few, if anybody would be
          >>interested in some of the mp3's, I'd be glad to oblige.

          >Yes please!!!!!!!!

          >What's the best way of getting them from you? A mate e-mailed me quite a
          few the other say and they came out fine - >not sure about your mail
          connection though...?

          My email server has a pretty strict limit, but maybe I can get one to you by
          dividing it up. Not the best method, but one of the few right now. I will
          soon have access to an FTP server that I can upload them to.

          >don't have an mp3 of it, but would be
          >willing to encode it, if anyone's interested.

          I'll try getting around to that before long!

          >>> Has anyone on this list had any contact with the
          >> >band themselves?

          >When I went to Creamfields, I met several people who knew the band...they
          weren't joking either - Hybrid were >soeaking with them, right next to me. I
          was too busy gawping to say anything! Doh!!

          hehe, maybe next time! ;)

          Vince H.
        • Vince H.
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 29, 1999
            > From: Stuart Bruce <music@...>
            >
            > On Wed 29 Sep, ally@... wrote:
            > > > For anybody who likes Hybrid, I highly recommend Way out West.
            > >
            > > Yeah - they've done some good stuff - I like their remix of 'If I
            > > Survive' too.
            >
            > My favourite of their remixes is their Faithless "Salva Mea" remix. I
            > was also well impressed by the Lost Witness "Happiness Happening" one,
            > and from some time ago their remix of "Stars" by Dubstar is a must-hear
            > (but in quite a different style to their more recent mixes).

            All this talk about WOW is encouraging me to start up my own mailing list.
            ;) Other good remixes include Roni Size's "Share The Fall," JX's "There's
            Nothing I Won't Do," Joi's "Asian Vibes," and Dubstar's "Not So Manic Now."
            On the latter they made one of the finest acid lines my ears have yet to
            behold. ;)

            > > I think it's time for a trip down to HMV tomorrow to purchase the
            > > album (along with Le ftfield's).
            >
            > Only Virgin have a copy in York, and I was planning to buy that for my
            > birthday on Saturday, unless you get it first... <grin>.

            I was in London last month and the Tower Records in Soho had one, so there's
            more to go around. It's a real shame the stores refuse to carry more than
            one copy, but I guess the demand warrants that. I'm glad to hear you 2 are
            going to give WOW a try.

            > Leftfield's album is quite good, but the reviews that explained that
            > it's a deep & moody album rather than a massive & anthemic 'comeback
            > album' were all correct.

            Yes, I keep hearing the claim that it's NOT "Leftism 2," which is a shame,
            because I really enjoyed that album. However, I'm glad to hear they're
            evolving and branching out, and trying to do something innovative. However,
            Africa Shox reminds me of some electro breaks I've heard in the
            past.....well, everything'd derivative, of course, so I guess something like
            that can only be expected. I will get the album eventually....the funds
            don't currently allow it.

            > Stuart.

            Vince H.