Re: [Hybrid] Re: Way Out West

  • dj phoenix
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
      I would say that it would if everything in both versions was crammed
      into a 2 minute track.... Its just way to long and repetitive for me,
      no builds, no variations, but I guess thats the trademark digweed
      style.

      > >>That's funny, I find both the Bedrock mixes of The Fall boring and
      >>>uninspired.
      >>
      >>Huh??!! **sits back from screen in amazement**
      >
      > Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
      >they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.
      >

      >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      > USEFUL LINKS
      >
      >Distinctive Records - http://www.distinctiverecords.com
      >Remixology - http://www.dev0n.com/hybrid/
      >Fan Site - http://www.progressive-sounds.com/hybrid.html
      >Breaksworld - http://www.breaksworld.com/

    • Davin Greenwell
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
        On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

        > >but the Bedrock remix of 'The Fall' absolutely ROCKS!!!!
        >
        > No, it's pitiful.

        No, it rules.
        --
        (dj) arizona
        davin greenwell
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
          On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

          > Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
          > they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.

          I'm not really sorry to break it to you Arfie -- everyone has their own
          soul, style and their own version of substance. What doesn't work for you
          may work for others and vice versa.

          Personally I find Bedrock's productions to absolutely rock parties --
          their productions are juggernauts of progressive house energy -- maybe not
          the most 'soulful' but... I can feel their energy.

          That is all,

          z0na
          --
          (dj) arizona
          davin greenwell
          Extreme 107.3 FM
          rave.victoria.bc.ca staff
          rassFX satellite web demon
          email: wk805@...
          web: http://arizona.rave.victoria.bc.ca
          ICQ: 11230795
        • Andy Kinsella
          Message 4 of 20 , Mar 1 2:25 AM
            that's cool that you don't like it, but don't be sorry about breaking it to me
            simply didn't realise that I didn't like it either. thanks for letting me
            know...

            :b

            >===== Original Message From Arfie Mansfield <arfie@...> =====
            >>>That's funny, I find both the Bedrock mixes of The Fall boring and
            >>>uninspired.
            >>
            >>Huh??!! **sits back from screen in amazement**
            >
            > Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
            >they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.

            -----------------------
            InterMutual Healthcare from Totalise. Peace of mind at an affordable price.
            Visit http://www.intermutual.com/health/
          • Arfie Mansfield
            Message 5 of 20 , Mar 1 8:19 AM
              >> Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
              >>they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.
              >
              >I'm not really sorry to break it to you Arfie -- everyone has their own
              >soul, style and their own version of substance. What doesn't work for
              >you may work for others and vice versa.

              True enough.

              >Personally I find Bedrock's productions to absolutely rock parties --
              >their productions are juggernauts of progressive house energy -- maybe
              >not the most 'soulful' but... I can feel their energy.

              Gah! I said 'outside a club enironment' - i.e. as listening to /
              background music for doing everyday stuff it's awful. In a club
              situation, yes, I agree, but I'm not talking about in a club.

              >That is all,

              :P
            • Arfie Mansfield
              Message 6 of 20 , Mar 1 8:21 AM
                >I would say that it would if everything in both versions was crammed
                >into a 2 minute track.... Its just way to long and repetitive for me,
                >no builds, no variations, but I guess thats the trademark digweed
                >style.

                That's not entirely fair - Bedrock mixes are awful except in
                clubs, but Bedrock original productions are great.
              • Arfie Mansfield
                Message 7 of 20 , Mar 1 8:23 AM
                  >that's cool that you don't like it, but don't be sorry about breaking
                  >it to me I simply didn't realise that I didn't like it either. thanks
                  >for letting me know...

                  You're welcome. It's always nice to correct people, seeing as
                  I'm never wrong about anything.

                  [[Ally says: Here we go again...]]

                  >:b

                  ;)
                • Arfie Mansfield
                  Message 8 of 20 , Mar 1 8:27 AM
                    > You're welcome. It's always nice to correct people, seeing as
                    >I'm never wrong about anything.
                    >
                    > [[Ally says: Here we go again...]]

                    You mean I'm not allowed take the piss out of *myself*??? :)
                  • Arfie Mansfield
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 1 8:32 AM
                      >> You mean I'm not allowed take the piss out of *myself*??? :)
                      >
                      >I thought you were being serious! Haha... :)

                      If it wasn't for the fact that I say far more hurtful stuff to
                      people, I'd be quite offended by that...
                    • Ally Shuttleworth
                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 1 8:44 AM

                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 1 11:13 AM
                          I was never a big fan of any bedrock tracks, remixes or originals...
                          I guess its just not my taste... I would say I like Bedrock only when
                          I am trying to relax at home or whatnot, but in a club, I prefer much
                          more energy. I will say as an exception, though, that the Luzon
                          "Baguo Track" remix is stellar...

                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 1 3:38 PM
                            I believe this month... Hard to Find Records has it listed in their inventory.

                            >Is that still waiting for a release or wot? Been caining the original
                            >on Yoshi for decades.
                            >
                            >___________________________________
                            >Andrew J. Cowell
                            >Engineering Psychologist
                            >Masterlink Corporation
                            >3649 All-American Blvd.
                            >Orlando, FL 32810
                            >Tel: 407.299.3900
                            >Fax: 407.299.8200

                          • Davin Greenwell
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 1 6:04 PM
                              On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

                              > >Personally I find Bedrock's productions to absolutely rock parties --
                              > >their productions are juggernauts of progressive house energy -- maybe
                              > >not the most 'soulful' but... I can feel their energy.
                              >
                              > Gah! I said 'outside a club enironment' - i.e. as listening to /
                              > background music for doing everyday stuff it's awful. In a club
                              > situation, yes, I agree, but I'm not talking about in a club.

                              Whatever man, try cleaning the house to this stuff! It'll keep you going
                              and the time flying! hehehe!

                              :)
                              Davin
                              --
                              (dj) arizona
                              davin greenwell
                              Extreme 107.3 FM
                              rave.victoria.bc.ca staff
                              rassFX satellite web demon
                              email: wk805@...
                              web: http://arizona.rave.victoria.bc.ca
                              ICQ: 11230795
                            • Andrew J. Cowell
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 2 1:47 AM

                                Message 15 of 20 , Apr 27, 2001
                                  >I got a shock when I first heard the Beber remix of IIS only
                                  >recently. I wasn't expecting much from it. Silly me. Certainly comes
                                  >in high on my list of favourite remixes at the moment.

                                  Hmm. Out of all the people who remixed IIS, only Interfearence
                                  haven't remixed Orbital (Hybrid, Beber, WOW), but were there any others?