RE: [Hybrid] Re: Way Out West

  • Andy Kinsella
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
      but the Bedrock remix of 'The Fall' absolutely ROCKS!!!!
      AK

      >===== Original Message From Gavin <gstok@...> =====
      >BUT I have to say that their use of a sample from Coldcut's awesome
      >"Autumn Leaves" was pure blasphemy! I've listened to "The Fall" 2-3
      >times and it still just plain sucks (in my ever so humble personal
      >view).
    • Daniel Craig
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
        That's funny, I find both the Bedrock mixes of The Fall boring and
        uninspired. The original kicks ass, and I don't really care who they
        sampled as long as it doesn't make the song sound cheesy. The album
        definently isn't as dancy as their first one, so if that's what you were
        hoping for your out of luck. I don't know which songs were on the
        sampler but I haven't heard one song that is bad to me. My brother is
        totally right though, Shark Hunt is definently one awesome song off the
        new album.

        DC
      • Arfie Mansfield
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
          >but the Bedrock remix of 'The Fall' absolutely ROCKS!!!!

          No, it's pitiful.
        • Andy Kinsella
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
            Huh??!! **sits back from screen in amazement**
            :)

            >===== Original Message From Daniel Craig <dcraig@...> =====
            >That's funny, I find both the Bedrock mixes of The Fall boring and
            >uninspired.

            -----------------------
            InterMutual Healthcare from Totalise. Peace of mind at an affordable price.
            Visit http://www.intermutual.com/health/
          • Arfie Mansfield
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
              >>That's funny, I find both the Bedrock mixes of The Fall boring and
              >>uninspired.
              >
              >Huh??!! **sits back from screen in amazement**

              Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
              they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.
            • dj phoenix
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
                I would say that it would if everything in both versions was crammed
                into a 2 minute track.... Its just way to long and repetitive for me,
                no builds, no variations, but I guess thats the trademark digweed
                style.

                > >>That's funny, I find both the Bedrock mixes of The Fall boring and
                >>>uninspired.
                >>
                >>Huh??!! **sits back from screen in amazement**
                >
                > Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
                >they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.
                >

                >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                > USEFUL LINKS
                >
                >Distinctive Records - http://www.distinctiverecords.com
                >Remixology - http://www.dev0n.com/hybrid/
                >Fan Site - http://www.progressive-sounds.com/hybrid.html
                >Breaksworld - http://www.breaksworld.com/

              • Davin Greenwell
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
                  On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

                  > >but the Bedrock remix of 'The Fall' absolutely ROCKS!!!!
                  >
                  > No, it's pitiful.

                  No, it rules.
                  --
                  (dj) arizona
                  davin greenwell
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 28, 2001
                    On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

                    > Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
                    > they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.

                    I'm not really sorry to break it to you Arfie -- everyone has their own
                    soul, style and their own version of substance. What doesn't work for you
                    may work for others and vice versa.

                    Personally I find Bedrock's productions to absolutely rock parties --
                    their productions are juggernauts of progressive house energy -- maybe not
                    the most 'soulful' but... I can feel their energy.

                    That is all,

                    z0na
                    Message 9 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                      that's cool that you don't like it, but don't be sorry about breaking it to me
                      simply didn't realise that I didn't like it either. thanks for letting me
                      know...

                      :b

                      Message 10 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                        >> Sorry to break it to you, but outside of a club environment,
                        >>they collapse. They have no style, soul or substance.
                        >
                        >I'm not really sorry to break it to you Arfie -- everyone has their own
                        >soul, style and their own version of substance. What doesn't work for
                        >you may work for others and vice versa.

                        True enough.

                        >Personally I find Bedrock's productions to absolutely rock parties --
                        >their productions are juggernauts of progressive house energy -- maybe
                        >not the most 'soulful' but... I can feel their energy.

                        Gah! I said 'outside a club enironment' - i.e. as listening to /
                        background music for doing everyday stuff it's awful. In a club
                        situation, yes, I agree, but I'm not talking about in a club.

                        >That is all,

                        :P
                      • Arfie Mansfield
                        Message 11 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                          >I would say that it would if everything in both versions was crammed
                          >into a 2 minute track.... Its just way to long and repetitive for me,
                          >no builds, no variations, but I guess thats the trademark digweed
                          >style.

                          That's not entirely fair - Bedrock mixes are awful except in
                          clubs, but Bedrock original productions are great.
                        • Arfie Mansfield
                          Message 12 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                            >that's cool that you don't like it, but don't be sorry about breaking
                            >it to me I simply didn't realise that I didn't like it either. thanks
                            >for letting me know...

                            You're welcome. It's always nice to correct people, seeing as
                            I'm never wrong about anything.

                            [[Ally says: Here we go again...]]

                            >:b

                            ;)
                          • Arfie Mansfield
                            Message 13 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                              > You're welcome. It's always nice to correct people, seeing as
                              >I'm never wrong about anything.
                              >
                              > [[Ally says: Here we go again...]]

                              You mean I'm not allowed take the piss out of *myself*??? :)
                            • Arfie Mansfield
                              Message 14 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                                >> You mean I'm not allowed take the piss out of *myself*??? :)
                                >
                                >I thought you were being serious! Haha... :)

                                If it wasn't for the fact that I say far more hurtful stuff to
                                people, I'd be quite offended by that...
                              • Ally Shuttleworth
                                Message 15 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001

                                  Message 16 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                                    I was never a big fan of any bedrock tracks, remixes or originals...
                                    I guess its just not my taste... I would say I like Bedrock only when
                                    I am trying to relax at home or whatnot, but in a club, I prefer much
                                    more energy. I will say as an exception, though, that the Luzon
                                    "Baguo Track" remix is stellar...

                                    Message 17 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                                      I believe this month... Hard to Find Records has it listed in their inventory.

                                      >Is that still waiting for a release or wot? Been caining the original
                                      >on Yoshi for decades.
                                      >
                                      >___________________________________
                                      >Andrew J. Cowell
                                      >Engineering Psychologist
                                      >Masterlink Corporation
                                      >3649 All-American Blvd.
                                      >Orlando, FL 32810
                                      >Tel: 407.299.3900
                                      >Fax: 407.299.8200

                                    • Davin Greenwell
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Mar 1, 2001
                                        On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Arfie Mansfield wrote:

                                        > >Personally I find Bedrock's productions to absolutely rock parties --
                                        > >their productions are juggernauts of progressive house energy -- maybe
                                        > >not the most 'soulful' but... I can feel their energy.
                                        >
                                        > Gah! I said 'outside a club enironment' - i.e. as listening to /
                                        > background music for doing everyday stuff it's awful. In a club
                                        > situation, yes, I agree, but I'm not talking about in a club.

                                        Whatever man, try cleaning the house to this stuff! It'll keep you going
                                        and the time flying! hehehe!

                                        :)
                                        Davin
                                        --
                                        (dj) arizona
                                        davin greenwell
                                        Extreme 107.3 FM
                                        rave.victoria.bc.ca staff
                                        rassFX satellite web demon
                                        email: wk805@...
                                        web: http://arizona.rave.victoria.bc.ca
                                        ICQ: 11230795
                                      • Andrew J. Cowell
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Mar 2, 2001

                                          Message 20 of 20 , Apr 27 2:56 PM
                                            >I got a shock when I first heard the Beber remix of IIS only
                                            >recently. I wasn't expecting much from it. Silly me. Certainly comes
                                            >in high on my list of favourite remixes at the moment.

                                            Hmm. Out of all the people who remixed IIS, only Interfearence
                                            haven't remixed Orbital (Hybrid, Beber, WOW), but were there any others?