New Hybrid Interview...

  • s_lobo_2
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 5 9:28 AM
      Thanks to JetaTek over at the mercuryserver.com forums for pointing
      out this one:

      http://www.nolaed.com/August2004/index.htm
    • s_lobo_2
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 5 10:08 AM
        I see Hybrid are credited over at imdb.com

        http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0328107/fullcredits

        Soundtrack details here:

        http://www.soundtrackcollector.com/catalog/soundtrackdetail.php?
        movieid=62841&labelid=33978

        28. Man On Fire Remix (03:41)
        Remix by Hybrid featuring Lisa Gerrard

        More score info:

        "Hybrid has just finished composing with Harry Gregson-Williams for
        Tony Scott's latest feature film "Man Of Fire" and have been spotted
        to score the soundtrack for the long awaited new Oliver Stone's
        movie "Alexander The Great" to be released next November."

        http://www.eigf.co.uk/siteContent/tradeEvent/afterShowParty.jsp
      • Drew Ressler
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 6 10:24 AM
          Ally, do you know if one of the EP's they mention will have the studio version of the Maidia Vale tracks, like the If I Survive
          remake?

          Drew

        • G3K
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 6 1:28 PM
            "It's kinda neat when you've got Jane's Addiction calling your studio; I
            actually just went surfing with them. We're actually going to be doing some
            work with them. We're gonna have them over to our studio, and probably use
            their studio, too, to really fire up the third album. So it's already on its
            way."

            :-DDD

            G3K
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 7 5:49 PM
              Chris says in the interview that their Man On Fire remix is available on itunes,
              but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does any one know where I can find this track?

              --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "G3K" <generation_3000@a...> wrote:
              > "It's kinda neat when you've got Jane's Addiction calling your studio; I
              > actually just went surfing with them. We're actually going to be doing some
              > work with them. We're gonna have them over to our studio, and probably
              use
              > their studio, too, to really fire up the third album. So it's already on its
              > way."
              >
              > :-DDD
              >
              > G3K

            • Drew Ressler
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 8 1:11 PM
                It's not on iTunes as far as I can tell, but if you buy the CD, it's track #28.

                > Chris says in the interview that their Man On Fire remix is
                > available on itunes,
                > but I couldn't find it anywhere. Does any one know where I
                > can find this track?
              • Scott Moore
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 26 8:53 PM
                  Just curious if anyone from the ATL will be at Eleven50 on the 28th to check out Hybrid... I will for sure and am hopefully having a ton of friends come too... it is my birthday this weekend so what perfect timing for Hybrid, my favorite electronic artists, to be coming to play :)

                  Scott
                • aerosiecki@yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 27 10:57 AM
                    I'll be there! And at last count, I'm bringing no less than 10
                    friends along. *crosses his fingers that the hybrid fans will
                    outnumber the uber-pretentious regulars at eleven50*

                    We'll be the group of 20-somethings dancing like it's going out of
                    style (and addmittedly in a style that probably went out of style, too)

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Scott Moore <wizum2003@y...> wrote:
                    > Just curious if anyone from the ATL will be at Eleven50 on the 28th
                    to check out Hybrid... I will for sure and am hopefully having a ton
                    of friends come too... it is my birthday this weekend so what perfect
                    timing for Hybrid, my favorite electronic artists, to be coming to play :)

                    > Scott
                  • Scott Moore
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 28 8:47 AM
                      sweet... if I can, that is if the bouncers let me, I will be wearing my hybridzied T-shirt... usually when dj's come play like hybrid they have no dress code... anyhow, with hybrid playing if you stay in the main room and dance you shouldn't have to worry about the uber-pretentious folks you refer to... though I would say that the "compound" is way worse....

                      Scott

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 29 10:07 AM
                        OK... I just woke up from last nights unbelievable set from Hybrid... this was the 4th time I have seen them and they continue to get better evertime.. unreal set... at one point they played Urlich Schnauss's song that Sasha has remixed on involver, and this was a long arse mix, and then jump right into Way Out West's "killa"..I have mentioned before in another discussion that I haven't taken out that Way OUt West Glastonbury set in about a month from my car stereo and so when I heard Killa live, with the great sound system at eleven50 I went nuts :)

                        Hybrid had the place rock'n... when they finished up with "smack my bitch up" we started to head to the bar to close out tabs... then the bouncers were trying to get people to leave... well then Hybrid starts playing another song, which I have never heard, and it just was kick'n... I am curious if anyone heard that song knows if it is possibly something of theirs new? but anyhow, a fantastic evening... one of those nights that the energy from the croud was there and Hybrid just seemed to embrass it and make it explode... can't wait to see em again...

                        oh and did anyone hear the Ian James openning set? he was playing some really good stuff... I think I have heard of people talking about a remix of Tears for Fears's "shout"? Ian played this at one point and it was an great remix...one of the best I have heard of a remixed 80's tune...

                        oh and one more thing... Hybrid played Crystal, New Order, and this was a remix that I believe was a new remix of the song?... it was very good as well... its just so amazing how much the music comes alive when you hear it at a club with a good system....

                        ok... no more rambling... I swear... :)

                        Scott
                      • aerosiecki@yahoo.com
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 29 9:27 PM
                          And now, to reply to myself, I just have to say that show was AMAZING.
                          I had been somewhat anxious about seeing hybrid "just DJ" after
                          seeing so many amzing live shows, but Saturday's set blew away all
                          expectations I had from the DJ sets I've found online. So many
                          massive tracks, and even a MSF track for good measure.

                          Hilights of the night (for me anyhow):

                          a remix of "Inner City Life"
                          the RAAPB version of "Take a Picture"
                          (whatever song was -after- "take a picture", I didn't recognize it)
                          the old mix of "Fibbonaci" by BT (that bassdrop almost blew their
                          sound system)
                          and last but not at all least - "Smack my Bitch Up"

                          The crowd at 1150 was better than last time. Many more fans of the
                          boys, less random P'tree clubbers. I can't say how happy I am to live
                          in Atlanta, suddenly. Here's to hoping they're back another time
                          before the year is up.

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, aerosiecki@y... wrote:
                          > I'll be there! And at last count, I'm bringing no less than 10
                          > friends along. *crosses his fingers that the hybrid fans will
                          > outnumber the uber-pretentious regulars at eleven50*
                          >
                          > We'll be the group of 20-somethings dancing like it's going out of
                          > style (and addmittedly in a style that probably went out of style, too)
                        • nickbower2000
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 31 2:44 AM
                            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Scott Moore <wizum2003@y...> wrote:

                            > oh and did anyone hear the Ian James openning set? he was playing
                            some really good stuff... I think I have heard of people talking
                            about a remix of Tears for Fears's "shout"? Ian played this at one
                            point and it was an great remix...one of the best I have heard of a
                            remixed 80's tune...

                            That would be Tears for Fears vs Skylark (AKA DJ/Producer Nic
                            Fanciulli) -'Shout'...

                            > oh and one more thing... Hybrid played Crystal, New Order, and this
                            was a remix that I believe was a new remix of the song

                            ...and this is the new breaks remix of 'Crystal' that Lee Coombs has
                            done (I mentioned it the other day on the list funnily enough). Lee's
                            actually already produced one remix of this (back in 2001 if my
                            memory serves me correctly?) - which is one you've may have heard in
                            the past. He's just decided to have another stab at it - and I think
                            it far surpasses his first mix .

                            :)

                            Nick
                          • Scott Moore
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 31 11:03 AM
                              Nick... I thought I wasn't crazy :) and yes I do remember Lee's first mix... as a matter of fact I heard that mix before the original... anyhow, I have never heard the song played in a club before and I must say that it was amazing... then again the whole night was...

                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 31 11:07 AM
                                your right about the crowd... they were just really into it... I had a buddy who was apart of the VIP section to the right of the stage, as you look at the stage, and he was told to come becuase Hybrid was very good... well he had never heard em and was simply amazed everytime I would run into him during the evening... The boyz are just too good... of course I am preaching to the choir in this board :)

                                also, do you know what song they played after smack my bitch up? it was an encore as they were trying to get people out of the club... it was cool as sh*t... but never heard it before...

                                Scott

                                aerosiecki@... wrote:
                                And now, to reply to myself, I just have to say that show was AMAZING.
                                I had been somewhat anxious about seeing hybrid "just DJ" after
                                seeing so many amzing live shows, but Saturday's set blew away all
                                expectations I had from the DJ sets I've found online. So many
                                massive tracks, and even a MSF track for good measure.

                                Hilights of the night (for me anyhow):

                                a remix of "Inner City Life"
                                the RAAPB version of "Take a Picture"
                                (whatever song was -after- "take a picture", I didn't recognize it)
                                the old mix of "Fibbonaci" by BT (that bassdrop almost blew their
                                sound system)
                                and last but not at all least - "Smack my Bitch Up"

                                The crowd at 1150 was better than last time. Many more fans of the
                                boys, less random P'tree clubbers. I can't say how happy I am to live
                                in Atlanta, suddenly. Here's to hoping they're back another time
                                before the year is up.

                                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, aerosiecki@y... wrote:
                                > I'll be there! And at last count, I'm bringing no less than 10
                                > friends along. *crosses his fingers that the hybrid fans will
                                > outnumber the uber-pretentious regulars at eleven50*
                                >
                                > We'll be the group of 20-somethings dancing like it's going out of
                                > style (and addmittedly in a style that probably went out of style, too)

                                Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
                                http://www.hybrid-group.com

                              • touzimsky
                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 5, 2004
                                  > Lee's actually already produced one remix of this (back in 2001 if my
                                  > memory serves me correctly?) - which is one you've may have heard in
                                  > the past.

                                  <smartass>

                                  In fact, two mixes of which one was a dub.

                                  </smartass>

                                  ;-)

                                  ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                                  A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind
                                  and will not change the subject.