Global Gathering

  • djjayu
    Message 1 of 19 , Aug 4, 2004
      Did anyone see Hybrid at Global on Saturday? Although I do remember
      parts of the set (actually just the Orb remix and the fact that they
      didn't play 'The Great Beyond' - shame) I was a little bit mullered.
      So I'm pretty annoyed about that as they were going to be the
      highlight of my night but nevermind, it was self-induced I guess.
      Anyway, I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed some light on
      any of the tunes they played as I'll hunt them down on the net and
      try to jog my memory a bit.
      Cheers guys
    • Ben Abrams
      Message 2 of 19 , May 17, 2006
        I am devastated!

        Just checked the Live/DJ set page to find that Hybrid will NOT be
        playing live at Global Gathering! What is going on? Glade has now
        sold out and I doubt you will be able to get tickets off Ebay because
        they have put measures in to prevent touting
      • ranjan.balakumaran@edftrading.com
        Message 3 of 19 , May 17, 2006
          Can we confirm that, without Glade tickets, it is now impossible to Hybrid
          live in the UK in 2006?

          Gutted.

          "Ben Abrams"
          <benjabrams@yahoo
          .co.uk> To
          Sent by: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
          HybridUK@yahoogro cc
          ups.com
          Subject
          [Hybrid] Global Gathering
          17/05/2006 09:43
        • Hybridesque ...
          Message 4 of 19 , May 17, 2006
            Fret not, there is GodsKitchen too :D

            >From: ranjan.balakumaran@...
            >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Global Gathering
            >Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:35:39 +0100
            >

            >Can we confirm that, without Glade tickets, it is now impossible to Hybrid
            >live in the UK in 2006?
            >
            >Gutted.
          • Kiri Hatton
            Message 5 of 19 , May 17, 2006
              It said on the Global flyer that they were live, so who knows whats going on
              lol

              Kiri

              Message 6 of 19 , May 18, 2006
                Nice One ! ! !
                hmm...

                "Kiri Hatton"
                <kirihatton@hotma
                il.com> To
                Sent by: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                HybridUK@yahoogro cc
                ups.com
                Subject
                Re: [Hybrid] Global Gathering
                17/05/2006 21:05

                Please respond to
                HybridUK@yahoogro
                ups.com

                It said on the Global flyer that they were live, so who knows whats going
                on
                lol

                Kiri

                > >From: ranjan.balakumaran@...
                > >To: HybridUK@yahoogroups.com
                > >Subject: Re: [Hybrid] Global Gathering
                > >Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 13:35:39 +0100
                > >

                > >Can we confirm that, without Glade tickets, it is now impossible to
                >Hybrid
                > >live in the UK in 2006?
                > >
                > >Gutted.
              • Ben Abrams
                Message 7 of 19 , May 19, 2006
                  Phew!

                  Global Gathering site has been updated... Hybrid confirmed live on
                  Friday at the Air Arena... just bought my tickets

                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Kiri Hatton" <kirihatton@...>

                • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                  Message 8 of 19 , May 24, 2006
                    I haven't been on for a few days and read the messages in date order.

                    My heart has started beating again finally.

                    I didn't buy tickets to Glade because I decided to go to Global
                    Gathering...but wanted to know for definate that they were playing
                    before I paid the £1m (or similar) a ticket they're asking for.

                    So, I might just go and buy myself some tickets :)

                    Ally

                    http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jul 27, 2006
                      If you're going tomorrow...have a wicked time! Hybrid will be on
                      around midnight.

                      If you see a gal with long dark hair in a black top with a sparkly
                      hybrid logo (yes, 'that' top - current profile photo:
                      http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat) and black hotpants...then say "hello" -
                      she's your oh-so-lovely hyrid list owner...otherwise known as moi :-)

                      For everyone else...have a good weekend. I'll be away early (too
                      early!) tomorrow morning until probably sunday, so list messages may go
                      a little slow this weekend (depending on if the also lovely Nick & Alan are around).

                      Ally
                    • Ruairi Fullam
                      Message 10 of 19 , Jul 27, 2006
                        Ally,

                        I'm a newcomer to the list but I'll be there tomorrow night and I'll say
                        hello!

                        http://www.myspace.com/ruairi55

                        Hope you enjoy it too - it's my first festival so I'm well nervous /
                        excited!

                        Cheers,

                        Ruairi

                        ally @ hybrid-group.com wrote:
                        > If you're going tomorrow...have a wicked time! Hybrid will be on
                        > around midnight.
                        >
                        > If you see a gal with long dark hair in a black top with a sparkly
                        > hybrid logo (yes, 'that' top - current profile photo:
                        > http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat) and black hotpants...then say "hello" -
                        > she's your oh-so-lovely hyrid list owner...otherwise known as moi :-)
                        >
                        > For everyone else...have a good weekend. I'll be away early (too
                        > early!) tomorrow morning until probably sunday, so list messages may go
                        > a little slow this weekend (depending on if the also lovely Nick & Alan are around).
                        >
                        > Ally
                      • mattcurson
                        Message 11 of 19 , Jul 27, 2006
                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com"
                          <ally@...> wrote:

                          > If you're going tomorrow...have a wicked time! Hybrid will be on
                          > around midnight.
                          >
                          > If you see a gal with long dark hair in a black top with a sparkly
                          > hybrid logo (yes, 'that' top - current profile photo:
                          > http://www.myspace.com/funkedupcat) and black hotpants...then
                          say "hello" -
                          > she's your oh-so-lovely hyrid list owner...otherwise known as
                          moi :-)

                          > For everyone else...have a good weekend. I'll be away early (too
                          > early!) tomorrow morning until probably sunday, so list messages
                          may go
                          > a little slow this weekend (depending on if the also lovely Nick &
                          Alan are around).

                          > Ally

                          Had my Guest List confirmed so will be there. Thought they were
                          playing at 8 I read somewhere. Glad its later. Hope it is Live and
                          nothing changes. Looking forward to Daft Punk and hopefully that
                          won't clash with Groove Amarda like last year when Underworld and
                          Mylo were on at same time. Guessing Groove Amarda will be on at 9
                          after Tongy.

                          Matty
                        • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                          Message 12 of 19 , Jul 30, 2006
                            Just got back..."knackered" is the best word to describe me right
                            now :)

                            Hybrid played a fantastic set, a mixture of Wide Angle and some new
                            tracks from I Choose Noise. Finished Symphony live still sounds as
                            good as it did at Creamfields in 1999.

                            They ended the set with Just For Today with Kirsty Hawkshaw singing
                            live - what a voice. Lovely lovely gal.

                            'nice to meet you' to Ben (it was Ben, wasn't it?) from the list who
                            spotted me.

                            The set was recorded, so yes it'll be with the new album.

                            Hope you all had a lovely weekend whatever you did.

                            Ally
                          • same2far
                            Message 13 of 19 , Jul 30, 2006
                              Hey,

                              I'm also new to the list.. but I just got back from GG too. Can't say I spotted you ally but I def agree was a great set. First time I've seen Hybrid live and they didn't let down. Finished Symphony was awesome, and I thought the new one guessing it's called Sunday Morning or something similar was excellent too. Crowd was class, only hardcore fans I'm guessing as the rest of the festival was watching daft punk (had to ditch my mate to catch hybrid).

                              Anyways, top stuff.. hope someone got some good pictures as I only had my phone camera (the guys at the very front had a swanky looking digital one.. so hopefully they're on here??!)

                              Roll on September!

                              Sam

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
                                Nice to meet you too. My apologies if it felt like you were being
                                interrogated :-)

                                Expected to see a few more people with Hybrid shirts on but only
                                spotted one girl with a green t shirt a few hours before the
                                performance who looked really embarrased when I shouted over...

                                Quite a few people around me were seeing Hybrid for the first time
                                and a lot were impressed

                                <ally@...> wrote:

                                > Just got back..."knackered" is the best word to describe me right
                                > now :)
                                >
                                > Hybrid played a fantastic set, a mixture of Wide Angle and some
                                new
                                > tracks from I Choose Noise. Finished Symphony live still sounds as
                                > good as it did at Creamfields in 1999.
                                >
                                > They ended the set with Just For Today with Kirsty Hawkshaw
                                singing
                                > live - what a voice. Lovely lovely gal.
                                >
                                > 'nice to meet you' to Ben (it was Ben, wasn't it?) from the list
                                who
                                > spotted me.
                                >
                                > The set was recorded, so yes it'll be with the new album.
                                >
                                > Hope you all had a lovely weekend whatever you did.
                                >
                                > Ally

                              • Ben Abrams
                                Message 15 of 19 , Jul 31, 2006
                                  It was a real shame that Daft Punk had to be moved because Groove
                                  Armada turned up late, as it ended up clashing directly with
                                  Hybrid. I had to leave my mates too and was really hoping to get
                                  them to the show

                                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "same2far" <same2far@...> wrote:

                                  > Hey,
                                  >
                                  > I'm also new to the list.. but I just got back from GG too. Can't
                                  say I spotted you ally but I def agree was a great set. First time
                                  I've seen Hybrid live and they didn't let down. Finished Symphony
                                  was awesome, and I thought the new one guessing it's called Sunday
                                  Morning or something similar was excellent too. Crowd was class,
                                  only hardcore fans I'm guessing as the rest of the festival was
                                  watching daft punk (had to ditch my mate to catch hybrid).

                                  > Anyways, top stuff.. hope someone got some good pictures as I only
                                  had my phone camera (the guys at the very front had a swanky looking
                                  digital one.. so hopefully they're on here??!)

                                  > Roll on September!
                                  >
                                  > Sam
                                  >

                                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "ally @ hybrid-group.com" <ally@>
                                  > wrote:
                                  >
                                  > Just got back..."knackered" is the best word to describe me right
                                  now :)

                                  > Hybrid played a fantastic set, a mixture of Wide Angle and some
                                  new tracks from I Choose Noise. Finished Symphony live still sounds
                                  as good as it did at Creamfields in 1999.

                                  > They ended the set with Just For Today with Kirsty Hawkshaw
                                  singing live - what a voice. Lovely lovely gal.

                                  > 'nice to meet you' to Ben (it was Ben, wasn't it?) from the list
                                  who spotted me.

                                  > The set was recorded, so yes it'll be with the new album.
                                  >
                                  > Hope you all had a lovely weekend whatever you did.
                                  >
                                  > Ally

                                • same2far
                                  Message 16 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
                                    Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have been
                                    worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
                                    class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
                                    my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
                                    that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite spot
                                    on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing was
                                    more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
                                    messy in the evening again.

                                    Sam

                                  • ally @ hybrid-group.com
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
                                      I wasn't that keen on Fatboy on Saturday at 9pm (I didn't catch his
                                      set later on)...I got a bit bored after 20 mins and wandered off.
                                      Maybe it was because he was outside, so the sound was a bit
                                      iffy...just seemed a bit quiet and sleepy.

                                      I didn't catch anyone else on Friday, as I was with Hybrid. I quite
                                      fancied seeing Groove Armada and Daft Punk...anyone else see them?

                                      I'm looking forward to Creamfields in a few weeks...Live sets from
                                      Prodigy and Goldfrapp should entertain quite nicely :)

                                      Ally

                                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "same2far" <same2far@...> wrote:

                                      > Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have
                                      been
                                      > worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
                                      > class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
                                      > my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
                                      > that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite
                                      spot
                                      > on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing
                                      was
                                      > more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
                                      > messy in the evening again.
                                      >
                                      > Sam
                                    • same2far
                                      Message 18 of 19 , Aug 1, 2006
                                        Groove Armada was good, bit more of a carribean vibe than last time I
                                        saw them. New songs sound good (though not classics.. It probably
                                        helped that i was only a few yards from the front for fatboy...
                                        Saturday was def a weaker lineup for me lots of hardhouse, trance and
                                        drum and bass which I'm a little over these days. Creamfields should
                                        be ace, but I'm skint now so will have to rely on second-hand reports
                                        of prodigy's greatnes ... again...

                                        Sam

                                        wrote:

                                        > I wasn't that keen on Fatboy on Saturday at 9pm (I didn't catch his
                                        > set later on)...I got a bit bored after 20 mins and wandered off.
                                        > Maybe it was because he was outside, so the sound was a bit
                                        > iffy...just seemed a bit quiet and sleepy.
                                        >
                                        > I didn't catch anyone else on Friday, as I was with Hybrid. I quite
                                        > fancied seeing Groove Armada and Daft Punk...anyone else see them?
                                        >
                                        > I'm looking forward to Creamfields in a few weeks...Live sets from
                                        > Prodigy and Goldfrapp should entertain quite nicely :)
                                        >
                                        > Ally
                                        >

                                        > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "same2far" <same2far@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > Definitely, but it could have been another Glade which would have
                                        > been
                                        > > worse! Who else did you guys catch/rate. I thought Sasha played a
                                        > > class set and as always (despite sell-out appeal) fatboy made me get
                                        > > my groove on. There were a couple of other early dj's in the air tent
                                        > > that i thought were good though i think the schedule wasn't quite
                                        > spot
                                        > > on so I'm not sure who they were. Only thing I thought was missing
                                        > was
                                        > > more more chilled bands/djs on saturday afternoon before it all got
                                        > > messy in the evening again.
                                        > >
                                        > > Sam

                                      • Ben Abrams
                                        Message 19 of 19 , Aug 2, 2006
                                          I loved Fatboys set at 9pm.. It was far better than I was expecting.

                                          Groove Armada were superb and I agree that Sasha played a blinder