Re: [Hybrid] OT: Way Out West Album

  • dcraig@nmt.edu
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 29, 2004
      > I was vague on purpose Dan. I wanted to hear reactions...
      > tracks that will do well (IMO)
      > Dont forget me (was great in concert)
      > Killa (has a great beat for a club)
      > Melt
      > Apollo (has a great beat for a club)
      >
      > these 4 my favs

      I agree with those four, but I also really like Just Like A Man. During
      the last chorus these really nice violins pop up over the vocals and then
      come down at the end of the song. It leads into Killa really well too.
      It's almost the same style violin as the intro to Killa has.

      > Northern Lights seems to have the most Hybrid influence...

      I'd disagree.

      > Everyday seems to sound like a pink Floyd song (run like hell..is it?)

      It didn't remind me of any of PF's stuff.

      I think there are a lot of tracks on there that are prime for club
      greatness and radio greatness. If somebody would give it a chance here in
      the states I really think Melt could get some attention. I wish it were
      longer though. It seems to just stop like it was chopped at the tail end.

      Dan