OT: Way Out West Album

  • Chaz Schlueter
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
      so from what everyone has heard, which tracks do you think will do well?

      I LOVE Appollo...great beat.
      Anything but you is smooth too..

      I have to listen to more..
      chaz
    • dcraig@nmt.edu
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
        > so from what everyone has heard, which tracks do you think will do well?

        In what sense are we talking? On the radio? In a club? Just the random
        most likely favorites of the fans?

        Dan
      • Matt A
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
          Personally, I think the new album is great. It's kind of a new direction
          for the guys. There seems to be a bigger focus on more traditional
          songwriting elements than on previous efforts. All the vocal tracks with
          Omi are fantastic (in fact, my 2 favorite tracks on the album are the 2
          ballads, "Don't Forget Me" and "Just Like A Man"). "Killa" is an absolute
          monster and tracks like "Everyday", "Fear" and "Coming Home" fill it out
          nicely. I don't think there are any "bad" songs, so it follows the
          tradition of making solid records from start to finish for WOW.

          I can't wait til this one comes out and I can hear it in pristine quality.
          By far the most anticipated album for me this year and it definitely lived up.

          Matt A.

          At 08:53 AM 7/26/2004, you wrote:
          >so from what everyone has heard, which tracks do you think will do well?
          >
          >I LOVE Appollo...great beat.
          >Anything but you is smooth too..
          >
          >I have to listen to more..
          >chaz
        • Raj Marathe
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 26, 2004
            Yeah dude...
            Apollo takes it.

            Melt is good.

            When I first heard this album, it reminded me alot of Morning Scifi
            because of the downtempo tracks in there. But the funny thing about
            Don't Look Now is that even the downtempo tracks have the signature WOW
            sounds.

            Good looks.

            - Raj.

          • EvilAlivE@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 27, 2004
              whats the title of the album?
            • ally@hybrid-group.com
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 27, 2004
                "Don't Look Now"

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, EvilAlivE@a... wrote:
                > whats the title of the album?
              • Aaron
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 27, 2004
                  Easily album of the year...I believe nothing else will top it.
                • Chaz Schlueter
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 27, 2004
                    I was vague on purpose Dan. I wanted to hear reactions...
                    tracks that will do well (IMO)
                    Dont forget me (was great in concert)
                    Killa (has a great beat for a club)
                    Melt
                    Apollo (has a great beat for a club)

                    these 4 my favs

                    Northern Lights seems to have the most Hybrid influence...
                    Everyday seems to sound like a pink Floyd song (run like hell..is it?)

                    this album is PRIME for remixes...so many different dirrections you could do with remixes.
                    I wish I had skills to try...this album is BEAUTIFUL.

                    Chaz

                    --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, dcraig@n... wrote:
                    > > so from what everyone has heard, which tracks do you think will do well?
                    >
                    > In what sense are we talking? On the radio? In a club? Just the random
                    > most likely favorites of the fans?
                    >
                    > Dan
                  • Owain Griffiths
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 28, 2004
                      dodgy title IMO ;)

                      should be a solid record

                      anything but you and apollo are top notch atm

                    • dcraig@nmt.edu
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 29, 2004
                        > I was vague on purpose Dan. I wanted to hear reactions...
                        > tracks that will do well (IMO)
                        > Dont forget me (was great in concert)
                        > Killa (has a great beat for a club)
                        > Melt
                        > Apollo (has a great beat for a club)
                        >
                        > these 4 my favs

                        I agree with those four, but I also really like Just Like A Man. During
                        the last chorus these really nice violins pop up over the vocals and then
                        come down at the end of the song. It leads into Killa really well too.
                        It's almost the same style violin as the intro to Killa has.

                        > Northern Lights seems to have the most Hybrid influence...

                        I'd disagree.

                        > Everyday seems to sound like a pink Floyd song (run like hell..is it?)

                        It didn't remind me of any of PF's stuff.

                        I think there are a lot of tracks on there that are prime for club
                        greatness and radio greatness. If somebody would give it a chance here in
                        the states I really think Melt could get some attention. I wish it were
                        longer though. It seems to just stop like it was chopped at the tail end.

                        Dan