Re: OT: Orbital's Blue Album

  • thefreester
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
      Hi,

      I have the Blue Album. A couple of tracks could be considered 'break
      beat' in style but not all of them. If you know Orbital then this is
      a very typical album for them; with all of Orbital's occasional
      wierdness. If you don't know them well then sorry that the
      description is no help ;o)

      I'm not aware of any special editions.

      Cheers

      Mark F

      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, gouki@o... wrote:
      > I saw Orbital's new album on sale when I was in HMV yesterday (did
      you know they were selling Alien Quadrilogy for only £5 and The
      Complete Bond (20DVD) for only £10?? Crazyness!). Anyway, I
      wanted
      to ask people that have heard it if all the tracks are done with the
      same breakbeat style as Tunnel Vision.
      > Also, is there any news of a special edition version with bonus
      disc/tracks? Thanks.

      > //Posted wirelessly via Nokia N-Gage.
    • Pev
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
        > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, gouki@o... wrote:
        >
        >>I saw Orbital's new album on sale when I was in HMV yesterday (did
        > you know they were selling Alien Quadrilogy for only £5 and The
        > Complete Bond (20DVD) for only £10?? Crazyness!).

        They are? Says £40 for the Alien set on their web site...!

        ~Pev
      • gouki@orange.net
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
          Of course they're not going to sell it at that price to everyone! It was a one branch limitied quantity offer to mark their "biggest ever summer sale" event. I'm so p*ssed off that I missed out-I only say the advert on the evening of the day they were offering it.

          >>I saw Orbital's new album on sale when I was in HMV yesterday (did
          > you know they were selling Alien Quadrilogy for only £5 and The
          > Complete Bond (20DVD) for only £10?? Crazyness!).

          They are? Says £40 for the Alien set on their web site...!

          ~Pev
        • Drew Ressler
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 5, 2004
            The Japanese version which just came out, comes with a bonus track, Initiation. No word on if it is the regular one that was on the
            Octane soundtrack, or the rare Orbital remix on the promo single. I'm hoping the latter.

            --Rukes

          • touzimsky
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 6, 2004
              IIRC a friend of mine told me it would be the remix. And he's a huuuge
              Orbital fan. I can ask him again to be completely sure.

              >The Japanese version which just came out, comes with a bonus track,
              >Initiation. No word on if it is the regular one that was on the Octane
              >soundtrack, or the rare Orbital remix on the promo single. I'm hoping
              >the latter.
              >
              >--Rukes
            • touzimsky
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 6, 2004
                So, to clear things up... The japanese version HAS the orbital remix.
                The promo has an additional radio edit, but I guess getting the japanese
                version (just for the full remix) will be much easier.

                ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind
                and will not change the subject.