Re: Groovology and Fall Out of Love

  • jamesjkjk
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
      groovology is one of my favourite break beat tunes.

      after the break.. it just unleashes one of the deepest darkest
      grooves, what else can i say, it does exactly what it says on the
      tin! :)

      -

      -- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, gouki@o... wrote:
      > Grooveology is only available mixed on one of the Y3Ks (I would
      really like this unmixed on CD). You can get it mixed on the vinyl
      sampler for that Y3K.
      > Fall Out Of Love lost most of the vocals and turned into Burnin'.
      You can get it unmixed with loads of remixes on the single which is
      quite hard to find (if anyone is willing to trade this with any two
      rarities that I have [listed in the files section of the HybridUK
      yahoo site under Mini Discog] please let me know).

      > Both tracks are breakbeat oriented and very jumpy, if you know what
      I mean. Very strong tracks (as opposed to weak) from the Wide Angle
      era (except strings aren't as forth as most tracks on Wide Angle).
      Worth getting if you love Wide Angle (like me). (sorry for the
      excessive use of parenthesis) :-)
    • benjabrams
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
        Thanks,

        which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
        Groovology!

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jamesjkjk" <poolsharkno1@h...>
        wrote:
        > groovology is one of my favourite break beat tunes.
        >
        > after the break.. it just unleashes one of the deepest darkest
        > grooves, what else can i say, it does exactly what it says on the
        > tin! :)
      • touzimsky
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
          > which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
          > Groovology!

          *shameless self promotion*

          [Groovology]
          [on Y3K: Deep Progressive Breaks]
          2x12": 2000 UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001LP) [31 Jan
          2000; unmixed]
          CD: 2000 UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001CD) [31 Jan
          2000; part of a mix set]
          [on Y3K Samper 1]
          12": ???? UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001EP1)
          [unmixed]
          Groovology (instrumental)

          (from my discog ;-) )

          */shameless self promotion*
        • Davin Greenwell
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
            On Jul 5, 2004, at 7:31 AM, benjabrams wrote:

            > Thanks,
            > which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
            > Groovology!

            Very much worth getting .. also the BT & Hybrid collaboration is found
            on this.. brilliant.. amongst others by the likes of Way Out West,
            Slacker, The Light, etc etc.

            Best regards,
            Davin

            --