RE: Groovology and Fall Out of Love

  • gouki@orange.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
      Grooveology is only available mixed on one of the Y3Ks (I would really like this unmixed on CD). You can get it mixed on the vinyl sampler for that Y3K.
      Fall Out Of Love lost most of the vocals and turned into Burnin'. You can get it unmixed with loads of remixes on the single which is quite hard to find (if anyone is willing to trade this with any two rarities that I have [listed in the files section of the HybridUK yahoo site under Mini Discog] please let me know).

      Both tracks are breakbeat oriented and very jumpy, if you know what I mean. Very strong tracks (as opposed to weak) from the Wide Angle era (except strings aren't as forth as most tracks on Wide Angle). Worth getting if you love Wide Angle (like me). (sorry for the excessive use of parenthesis) :-)

      //Posted wirelessly via Nokia N-Gage.

      >fairly new to the group but have liked Hybrid for some time. Could
      >n't help but notice the titles Groovology and Fall Out of Love on
      >distinctiverecords website. Have also heard you guys mention them
      >before. Would have bought them on CD but only available through MP3
      >and with no broadband I have n't attempted to download them. Are
      >they worthy of a purchase? Are they collaborations? What style are
      >they?
    • jamesjkjk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
        groovology is one of my favourite break beat tunes.

        after the break.. it just unleashes one of the deepest darkest
        grooves, what else can i say, it does exactly what it says on the
        tin! :)

        -

        -- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, gouki@o... wrote:
        > Grooveology is only available mixed on one of the Y3Ks (I would
        really like this unmixed on CD). You can get it mixed on the vinyl
        sampler for that Y3K.
        > Fall Out Of Love lost most of the vocals and turned into Burnin'.
        You can get it unmixed with loads of remixes on the single which is
        quite hard to find (if anyone is willing to trade this with any two
        rarities that I have [listed in the files section of the HybridUK
        yahoo site under Mini Discog] please let me know).

        > Both tracks are breakbeat oriented and very jumpy, if you know what
        I mean. Very strong tracks (as opposed to weak) from the Wide Angle
        era (except strings aren't as forth as most tracks on Wide Angle).
        Worth getting if you love Wide Angle (like me). (sorry for the
        excessive use of parenthesis) :-)
      • benjabrams
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
          Thanks,

          which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
          Groovology!

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jamesjkjk" <poolsharkno1@h...>
          wrote:
          > groovology is one of my favourite break beat tunes.
          >
          > after the break.. it just unleashes one of the deepest darkest
          > grooves, what else can i say, it does exactly what it says on the
          > tin! :)
        • touzimsky
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
            > which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
            > Groovology!

            *shameless self promotion*

            [Groovology]
            [on Y3K: Deep Progressive Breaks]
            2x12": 2000 UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001LP) [31 Jan
            2000; unmixed]
            CD: 2000 UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001CD) [31 Jan
            2000; part of a mix set]
            [on Y3K Samper 1]
            12": ???? UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001EP1)
            [unmixed]
            Groovology (instrumental)

            (from my discog ;-) )

            */shameless self promotion*
          • Davin Greenwell
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
              On Jul 5, 2004, at 7:31 AM, benjabrams wrote:

              > Thanks,
              > which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
              > Groovology!

              Very much worth getting .. also the BT & Hybrid collaboration is found
              on this.. brilliant.. amongst others by the likes of Way Out West,
              Slacker, The Light, etc etc.

              Best regards,
              Davin

              --