Groovology and Fall Out of Love

  • benjabrams
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
      Hi everyone,

      fairly new to the group but have liked Hybrid for some time. Could
      n't help but notice the titles Groovology and Fall Out of Love on
      distinctiverecords website. Have also heard you guys mention them
      before. Would have bought them on CD but only available through MP3
      and with no broadband I have n't attempted to download them. Are
      they worthy of a purchase? Are they collaborations? What style are
      they?

      Thanks in advance

      Ben
    • gouki@orange.net
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2004
        Grooveology is only available mixed on one of the Y3Ks (I would really like this unmixed on CD). You can get it mixed on the vinyl sampler for that Y3K.
        Fall Out Of Love lost most of the vocals and turned into Burnin'. You can get it unmixed with loads of remixes on the single which is quite hard to find (if anyone is willing to trade this with any two rarities that I have [listed in the files section of the HybridUK yahoo site under Mini Discog] please let me know).

        Both tracks are breakbeat oriented and very jumpy, if you know what I mean. Very strong tracks (as opposed to weak) from the Wide Angle era (except strings aren't as forth as most tracks on Wide Angle). Worth getting if you love Wide Angle (like me). (sorry for the excessive use of parenthesis) :-)

        //Posted wirelessly via Nokia N-Gage.

        >fairly new to the group but have liked Hybrid for some time. Could
        >n't help but notice the titles Groovology and Fall Out of Love on
        >distinctiverecords website. Have also heard you guys mention them
        >before. Would have bought them on CD but only available through MP3
        >and with no broadband I have n't attempted to download them. Are
        >they worthy of a purchase? Are they collaborations? What style are
        >they?
      • jamesjkjk
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
          groovology is one of my favourite break beat tunes.

          after the break.. it just unleashes one of the deepest darkest
          grooves, what else can i say, it does exactly what it says on the
          tin! :)

          -

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
            Thanks,

            which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
            Groovology!

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "jamesjkjk" <poolsharkno1@h...>
            wrote:
            > groovology is one of my favourite break beat tunes.
            >
            > after the break.. it just unleashes one of the deepest darkest
            > grooves, what else can i say, it does exactly what it says on the
            > tin! :)
          • touzimsky
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
              > which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
              > Groovology!

              *shameless self promotion*

              [Groovology]
              [on Y3K: Deep Progressive Breaks]
              2x12": 2000 UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001LP) [31 Jan
              2000; unmixed]
              CD: 2000 UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001CD) [31 Jan
              2000; part of a mix set]
              [on Y3K Samper 1]
              12": ???? UK (Distinct'ive Breaks Records; Y3K001EP1)
              [unmixed]
              Groovology (instrumental)

              (from my discog ;-) )

              */shameless self promotion*
            • Davin Greenwell
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 5, 2004
                On Jul 5, 2004, at 7:31 AM, benjabrams wrote:

                > Thanks,
                > which Y3K is it on then? Sounds like its worth getting just for
                > Groovology!

                Very much worth getting .. also the BT & Hybrid collaboration is found
                on this.. brilliant.. amongst others by the likes of Way Out West,
                Slacker, The Light, etc etc.

                Best regards,
                Davin

                --