Re: [Hybrid] Glasto??

  • Pev
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      Chilvers, Simon wrote:
      > As I was unable to get to it this year...... has anyone got a review of it
      > and what they got upto and the acts they saw!!
      Well, I was there, got wasted and listened to some music. I don't know if
      there's enough good memory left to write a 'review' though.

      I'm not sure about what happened to Hybrid ; The Glade wasnt actually
      built on thursday, but I'm fairly sure that they did a DJ set in the
      Glade Cafe. I know that I was chatting in the bar behind the Glade that
      night and recognised Mike T wonder in with someone briefly.

      As for Nick Warren, he played for what was originally due to be a secret
      gig by FatBoy in the Glade Friday night, but FatBoy cancelled earlier in
      the day and Nick covered. Was banging by all accounts, but I ended up
      offsite at that point trying to get a mate back in who'd lost his
      wristband :-(

      Meat Katie followed by Infusion live on Friday were excellent though.
      Great fun, and seemed to go down well with the munters. I think that
      was possibly my favourite gig of the weekend.

      Orbital were great, but didn't seem to be much of a different show to
      the one they did in the same sunday night slot a few years back. Even
      used the same backdrop as then! *but* was good to hear some of the new
      tunes live (you lot, and perfect sunrise) and also the 'new' bootleg
      of Halcyon had The Darkness dropped in over the top which was very
      funny even if it didn't work that well ;-)

      Other than that, I spent most of the time looking for music I hadn't
      heard before and checking out all the local band tents. And drinking
      wayyyyy too much of the pear cider from by the Jazz stage. Yum.

      Anyway, it was wicked. If you can't get a ticket, get a job next year!

      ~Pev
    • thefreester
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        Hello Simon,

        Sorry you couldn't make it. I was there. Went to see Hybrid on the
        Thursday night. They were DJ'ing in the Glade Cafe (the stage wasn't
        together by then). It was RAMMED and TBH I wasn't sure it was them
        DJ'ing or not (couldn't see them). I assume it was 'coz a REM remix
        got played at one point. Missed WOW as I only got the email with the
        times of their appearances Friday AM (thanks Distinctive...) !

        Groove Armada were excellent although an early slot on the Main Stage
        was disappointing - would rather have seen them further up the bill
        on one of the other stages. Nevertheless got right down the front for
        them. Chemicals were AWESOME. The bass in the show was almost up
        there with indoors Leftfield gigs while they were still together.

        Had a nice chilled night watching Zero 7 Saturday night who were
        excellent. Sunday evening started off with Eat Static and finished
        off with Orbital. Very emotional...

        Still recovering 3 days later. My first muddy Glasto but it ain't as
        bad as it looks and would not worry about the weather before going
        again...

        Best

        Mark F

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chilvers, Simon"
        <simon.chilvers@a...> wrote:
        > As I was unable to get to it this year...... has anyone got a
        review of it
        > and what they got upto and the acts they saw!!
        >
        > I was forced to watch the BBC coverage from the comfort of my bed
        due to
        > having major surgery a few weeks ago!! And I must say that the
        Orbital and
        > Chem's looked awesome
        >
        > Si
      • thefreester
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
          > As for Nick Warren, he played for what was originally due to be a
          secret
          > gig by FatBoy in the Glade Friday night, but FatBoy cancelled
          earlier in
          > the day and Nick covered.

          Apparently Fat Boy and the Chemicals DJ'd at Lost Vagueness instead
          that night...

          > Orbital were great, but didn't seem to be much of a different show
          > the one they did in the same sunday night slot a few years back.
          Even
          > used the same backdrop as then! *but* was good to hear some of the
          new
          > tunes live (you lot, and perfect sunrise) and also the 'new' bootleg
          > of Halcyon had The Darkness dropped in over the top which was very
          > funny even if it didn't work that well ;-)

          Now you mention it - it was the same backdrop as the Friday night set
          they did in 2002. Much better lights this year tho'

          -Mark F