[Hybrid] Glasto??

  • Chilvers, Simon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
      As I was unable to get to it this year...... has anyone got a review of it
      and what they got upto and the acts they saw!!

      I was forced to watch the BBC coverage from the comfort of my bed due to
      having major surgery a few weeks ago!! And I must say that the Orbital and
      Chem's looked awesome

      Si
    • Pev
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
        Chilvers, Simon wrote:
        > As I was unable to get to it this year...... has anyone got a review of it
        > and what they got upto and the acts they saw!!
        Well, I was there, got wasted and listened to some music. I don't know if
        there's enough good memory left to write a 'review' though.

        I'm not sure about what happened to Hybrid ; The Glade wasnt actually
        built on thursday, but I'm fairly sure that they did a DJ set in the
        Glade Cafe. I know that I was chatting in the bar behind the Glade that
        night and recognised Mike T wonder in with someone briefly.

        As for Nick Warren, he played for what was originally due to be a secret
        gig by FatBoy in the Glade Friday night, but FatBoy cancelled earlier in
        the day and Nick covered. Was banging by all accounts, but I ended up
        offsite at that point trying to get a mate back in who'd lost his
        wristband :-(

        Meat Katie followed by Infusion live on Friday were excellent though.
        Great fun, and seemed to go down well with the munters. I think that
        was possibly my favourite gig of the weekend.

        Orbital were great, but didn't seem to be much of a different show to
        the one they did in the same sunday night slot a few years back. Even
        used the same backdrop as then! *but* was good to hear some of the new
        tunes live (you lot, and perfect sunrise) and also the 'new' bootleg
        of Halcyon had The Darkness dropped in over the top which was very
        funny even if it didn't work that well ;-)

        Other than that, I spent most of the time looking for music I hadn't
        heard before and checking out all the local band tents. And drinking
        wayyyyy too much of the pear cider from by the Jazz stage. Yum.

        Anyway, it was wicked. If you can't get a ticket, get a job next year!

        ~Pev
      • thefreester
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2004
          Hello Simon,

          Sorry you couldn't make it. I was there. Went to see Hybrid on the
          Thursday night. They were DJ'ing in the Glade Cafe (the stage wasn't
          together by then). It was RAMMED and TBH I wasn't sure it was them
          DJ'ing or not (couldn't see them). I assume it was 'coz a REM remix
          got played at one point. Missed WOW as I only got the email with the
          times of their appearances Friday AM (thanks Distinctive...) !

          Groove Armada were excellent although an early slot on the Main Stage
          was disappointing - would rather have seen them further up the bill
          on one of the other stages. Nevertheless got right down the front for
          them. Chemicals were AWESOME. The bass in the show was almost up
          there with indoors Leftfield gigs while they were still together.

          Had a nice chilled night watching Zero 7 Saturday night who were
          excellent. Sunday evening started off with Eat Static and finished
          off with Orbital. Very emotional...

          Still recovering 3 days later. My first muddy Glasto but it ain't as
          bad as it looks and would not worry about the weather before going
          again...

          Best

          Mark F

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chilvers, Simon"
          <simon.chilvers@a...> wrote:
          > As I was unable to get to it this year...... has anyone got a
          review of it
          > and what they got upto and the acts they saw!!
          >
          > I was forced to watch the BBC coverage from the comfort of my bed
          due to
          > having major surgery a few weeks ago!! And I must say that the
          Orbital and
          > Chem's looked awesome
          >
          > Si
        • thefreester
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 2, 2004
            > As for Nick Warren, he played for what was originally due to be a
            secret
            > gig by FatBoy in the Glade Friday night, but FatBoy cancelled
            earlier in
            > the day and Nick covered.

            Apparently Fat Boy and the Chemicals DJ'd at Lost Vagueness instead
            that night...

            > Orbital were great, but didn't seem to be much of a different show
            > the one they did in the same sunday night slot a few years back.
            Even
            > used the same backdrop as then! *but* was good to hear some of the
            new
            > tunes live (you lot, and perfect sunrise) and also the 'new' bootleg
            > of Halcyon had The Darkness dropped in over the top which was very
            > funny even if it didn't work that well ;-)

            Now you mention it - it was the same backdrop as the Friday night set
            they did in 2002. Much better lights this year tho'

            -Mark F