Hybrid remix of the Orb. Trade?

  • gouki@orange.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 21, 2004
      If anyone can tell me where/how to get the Hybrid mix of From A Distance on CD, I'd appreciate it. Alternatively, if anybody has it and is willing to trade, you can have any two rarities from my Hybrid CD List (available from the files section in the HybridUK Yahoo Groups site. Thanks guys.
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 25, 2004
        Does anyone know if Distinctive plans to do a pre-release for I'm Still Awake like they did for True To Form, so people can get it
        "early" ish?

        Drew
      • David Nichols
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 26, 2004
          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, gouki@o... wrote:
          > If anyone can tell me where/how to get the Hybrid mix of From A
          Distance on CD, I'd appreciate it.

          This might help you find it;

          It was released in the UK as a CDR promo on the Cooking Vinyl
          (www.cookingvinyl.com) label as follows:

          The Orb - Aftermath
          FRYCD190-CDR

          1. Aftermath (album version) 4:44
          2. Aftermath (Bus remix) 4:52
          3. From A Distance (Hybrid remix) 9:09

          ;)
        • Oddball
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 3 7:01 AM
            Got to hear this. Very boring remix. One of the boys worst if you ask me.

            >The Orb - Aftermath
            >FRYCD190-CDR
            >
            >1. Aftermath (album version) 4:44
            >2. Aftermath (Bus remix) 4:52
            >3. From A Distance (Hybrid remix) 9:09
          • touzimsky
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 5 10:43 AM
              > Got to hear this. Very boring remix. One of the boys worst if you ask
              me.

              I clearly disagree, as do most people on the KLF Online website. ;-)

              ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

              A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind
              and will not change the subject.
            • David Nichols
              Message 6 of 11 , Jul 5 4:26 PM
                Nice to hear from you Oddball.

                I know what you mean by 'boring' but IMHO I've found that its one of
                those that grows on you....

                ....so give it time ;)

                Cheers
                David

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Oddball <deadman@n...> wrote:
                > Got to hear this. Very boring remix. One of the boys worst if you
                ask me.

                > >The Orb -
                > >3. From A Distance (Hybrid remix) 9:09
              • Paul Everatt
                Message 7 of 11 , Jul 8 12:04 PM
                  Of course you know you are wrong....I'm a silent
                  member ("hello...") and it works perfectly at a
                  beginning of a set...So there!

                  Cheerio

                  Paul

                  --- touzimsky <touzimsky@...> wrote: > > Got to
                  hear this. Very boring remix. One of the
                  > boys worst if you ask
                  > me.
                  >
                  > I clearly disagree, as do most people on the KLF
                  > Online website. ;-)
                  >

                  > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
                • Oddball
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jul 9 2:38 PM
                    It's growing on me. ;)

                    >Of course you know you are wrong....I'm a silent
                    >member ("hello...") and it works perfectly at a
                    >beginning of a set...So there!
                    >
                    >Cheerio
                    >
                    >Paul
                  • Loz
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jul 10 11:32 AM
                      God, I couldn't disagree more. I think it's one of their best. Still
                      that's the beauty of music I suppose.

                      Loz
                      http://www.futcha.com
                      http://www.breakbeat-bcn.com

                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Oddball <deadman@n...> wrote:
                      > Got to hear this. Very boring remix. One of the boys worst if you
                      ask me.

                      > >The Orb - Aftermath
                      > >FRYCD190-CDR
                      > >
                      > >1. Aftermath (album version) 4:44
                      > >2. Aftermath (Bus remix) 4:52
                      > >3. From A Distance (Hybrid remix) 9:09
                    • renegadesoundwaves
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jul 12 7:54 PM
                        Hybrid's remix of the Orbs From a Distance is definitely a great
                        song. I like it so much that I play it everyday since getting the
                        record. In summary, the Hybrid lads open with a euphoric intro
                        before unleashing a floor quaking break and turning on that big room
                        Hybrid sound for stunning effects. The lavish production with a deep
                        layered soundscapes makes this one of their best remixes. Check it
                        out.
                        **** (out of 4 stars)

                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Loz" <lorin@f...> wrote:
                        > God, I couldn't disagree more. I think it's one of their best.
                        Still
                        > that's the beauty of music I suppose.
                        >
                        > Loz
                        > http://www.futcha.com
                        > http://www.breakbeat-bcn.com
                        >
                        > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Oddball <deadman@n...> wrote:
                        > > Got to hear this. Very boring remix. One of the boys worst if you
                        > ask me.
                        > >

                        > > >The Orb - Aftermath
                        > > >FRYCD190-CDR
                        > > >
                        > > >1. Aftermath (album version) 4:44
                        > > >2. Aftermath (Bus remix) 4:52
                        > > >3. From A Distance (Hybrid remix) 9:09
                      • bubs5669
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 13 7:18 AM
                          I agree, this is truely awsome! The Orb never seems to disappoint me..

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "renegadesoundwaves" <keliher@m...>