Re: [Hybrid] Roll on the Orchestra!

  • jims16v
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 21, 2004
      Well I might be a bit of a newbie around these parts, but i'm still a
      big fan and have listened to their music soooo much, I feel I can put
      an opinion in here too :)

      Well its a bit of a tough call isn't it. The thing that makes it so
      difficult with Hybrid is that none of their albums have been 'bad' or
      a dissapointment - they are all so good, so you can't really say that
      they took a certain direction for one album and failed, hence they
      should not try that style again! Their older stuff on Wider Angle
      still sounds very very good, the remixed tunes on Remix & Additional
      Production By are excellent (the remix of Never Gonna Come Back Down
      always sounds great) - and.. well.. whats to be said about Morning
      Sci-Fi that hasn't already!! Superb!! :)

      The only thing that swings it for me is that since Morning Sci-Fi
      came out, Wider Angle rarely crops up in my playlists any more, so
      perhaps I favour the newer stuff without really thinking about it.

      I personally wouldn't lose too much sleep if there wasn't
      another 'Blackout' style tune on the new album though.. I feel
      embarassed to admit it, but I usually stop the album just after Out
      Of The Dark has finished! It has potential, but doesn't really go
      anywhere.. :(

      Cheers,

      Jim