Hybrid Y4K

  • G3K
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 1 10:37 AM
      From the Distinct'ive website blurb for the Uberzone Y4K:

      'After Uberzone the next installment of Y4K will be compiled and mixed by
      none other than Hybrid. This is due for release late summer 2004.'

      We know this, right? (Don't let this through if we do, hehe.)

      G3K
    • Jitesh Mistry
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 21, 2004
        Hmm... the idea of a Hybrid Y4K is quite intriguing. That being said,
        there are only 2 breakbeat compilation have come close to my idea of a
        cracking compilation, Y3K - Soundtrack To The Future and Y4K - Ils.
        Straight up vicious breaks is what I seek and most other comps don't sate
        my appitite for dark, nasty breaks.

        Most of the other compilations only seem to have a few little sections that
        I actually enjoy, but I'm never able to enjoy them as a whole.

        It would be interesting to see the tracklisting for the Hybrid Y4K, and I
        hope they don't take me for a Celebrity Science (or a Twitch & Sweat)
        either.

        Later,
        Jits.

        P.S: On a OT thing, is it wierd to feel old at 21... that's what I'm
        experiencing and what is going to happen on Sunday... (*me emits a
        suppressed "yay")
      • Andy Grundman
        Message 3 of 8 , Jul 22, 2004
          Jitesh Mistry wrote:
          > It would be interesting to see the tracklisting for the Hybrid Y4K, and I
          > hope they don't take me for a Celebrity Science (or a Twitch & Sweat)
          > either.

          Vinnie posted this on the hybridized forum. Looks like a pretty killer
          tracklist to me. :)

          1. Hybrid – The Drop
          2. Forme – Let It All Out
          3. Dylan Rhymes – The Way (Evil 9 Remix)
          4. Hi-Fi Bugs – The Knife Drawer
          5. Easy B – Found The Gonzo
          6. Eric Serra – Plavalaguna
          7. Future Sound Of London – My Kingdom
          8. Eric Serra – Leeloominai
          9. Gus Gus – David (Luke Chable Remix)
          10. Nectarios – Phoenix (Vigi & Nectarios Remix)
          11. Andy Page & Lee Burridge – Why Are The Pretty Ones Insane
          12. Chemical Brothers – Chemical Beats
          13. Orbital – One Perfect Sunrise (Stereo 8 Remix)
          14. Hybrid – Blackout (Hybrid Remix)
        • s_lobo_2
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 26, 2004
            Indeed. Looks like a very nice track list. Eric Serra is a
            favourite composer of mine (Leon, Big Blue), but I can't see how his
            Fifth Element tracks are gonna sit amongst those hard-hitting breaks!

            > 1. Hybrid – The Drop
            > 2. Forme – Let It All Out
            > 3. Dylan Rhymes – The Way (Evil 9 Remix)
            > 4. Hi-Fi Bugs – The Knife Drawer
            > 5. Easy B – Found The Gonzo
            > 6. Eric Serra – Plavalaguna
            > 7. Future Sound Of London – My Kingdom
            > 8. Eric Serra – Leeloominai
            > 9. Gus Gus – David (Luke Chable Remix)
            > 10. Nectarios – Phoenix (Vigi & Nectarios Remix)
            > 11. Andy Page & Lee Burridge – Why Are The Pretty Ones Insane
            > 12. Chemical Brothers – Chemical Beats
            > 13. Orbital – One Perfect Sunrise (Stereo 8 Remix)
            > 14. Hybrid – Blackout (Hybrid Remix)
          • touzimsky
            Message 5 of 8 , Jul 26, 2004
              > 14. Hybrid - Blackout (Hybrid Remix)

              "hybrid remix" ? Oh yes! Someone read my wishlist! :-) Curious about
              how those two Eric Serra tracks will fit in the tracklist...

              ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

              A fanatic is one who cannot change his mind
              and will not change the subject.
            • Sapna Modi
              Message 6 of 8 , Jul 26, 2004
                nice.
              • Oddball
                Message 7 of 8 , Jul 26, 2004
                  At 11:56 22/07/2004 -0400, you wrote:
                  >Jitesh Mistry wrote:
                  > > It would be interesting to see the tracklisting for the Hybrid Y4K, and I
                  > > hope they don't take me for a Celebrity Science (or a Twitch & Sweat)
                  > > either.
                  >
                  >Vinnie posted this on the hybridized forum. Looks like a pretty killer
                  >tracklist to me. :)

                  Apart from the last track :P

                • dcraig@nmt.edu
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 26, 2004
                    I'm certain that My Kingdom is actually My Kingdowm (part 4) Hybrid seem
                    to love that one as it does have a nice break to it.

                    Dan