Re: [Hybrid] New Hybrid Album

  • Andy Grundman
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
      ally@... wrote:

      > Little bit of news on the direction of the new Hybrid album...
      >
      > They're getting on with it and it's sounding more like Wide Angle
      > than Morning Sci-Fi :)
      >
      > Ally

      You should be careful what you say! It will change and become like
      neither of the previous albums and someone will come after you for
      making a statement like this. ;)

      -Andy
    • ally@hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
        Very good point :-)

        Ok...

        "at the moment, it's sounding more like Wide Angle than Morning Sci-
        Fi...and that is the intended direction."

        Ally

        > You should be careful what you say! It will change and become
        like
        > neither of the previous albums and someone will come after you for
        > making a statement like this. ;)
        >
        > -Andy
      • Antti Mutta
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
          I guess this is a good thing, though a new direction would be even more
          interesting :) Ok, sorry! :) Looking forward to the new album, needless to
          say.

          -antti

          > "at the moment, it's sounding more like Wide Angle than Morning Sci-
          > Fi...and that is the intended direction."
        • G3K
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
            THE END IS NEAR. LET MUCH WAILING AND BEATING OF BREASTS COMMENCE.

            Or whatever. :-P

            When's it coming out? I'm excited.

            G3K
            > Little bit of news on the direction of the new Hybrid album...
            >
            > They're getting on with it and it's sounding more like Wide Angle
            > than Morning Sci-Fi :)
            >
            > Ally
            >

            > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            >
            > Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
            > http://www.hybrid-group.com
            >
            > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • touzimsky
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
              Could anyone please shed a light on some of these ?

              Airless (found this on several compilations)
              Big Bad Bounce (on Global Underground 023)
              Voodoo Junk (on Popkomm 97)

              Are these just labelled wrong or by another artist also calling himself
              "Hybrid" ? Confusing, confusing... thanks for any help! :-)

              ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
            • G3K
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
                Big Bad Bounce = Gravastar, if I'm not mistaken. They changed the name
                after it went out on the GU023 promos.

                G3K
                > Could anyone please shed a light on some of these ?
                >
                > Airless (found this on several compilations)
                > Big Bad Bounce (on Global Underground 023)
                > Voodoo Junk (on Popkomm 97)
                >
                > Are these just labelled wrong or by another artist also calling himself
                > "Hybrid" ? Confusing, confusing... thanks for any help! :-)
                >

                > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
                >

                > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                >
                > Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
                > http://www.hybrid-group.com
                >
                > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                > Yahoo! Groups Links

              • Antti Mutta
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
                  > Airless (found this on several compilations)

                  This is not our Hybrid. I think it's been agreed so?

                  > Big Bad Bounce (on Global Underground 023)

                  This is former name for some track that became Visible Noise/Celebrity
                  Science/something from that era.

                  -antti
                • Georgy
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 11, 2004
                    Right, they are not. It'd be a sad day if Tiesto remixed Hybrid...

                    > Airless (found this on several compilations)

                    This is not our Hybrid. I think it's been agreed so?
                  • James
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 11, 2004
                      --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Georgy" <gmarczin@l...> wrote:
                      > Right, they are not. It'd be a sad day if Tiesto remixed Hybrid...

                      But it's okay that Hybrid remixed Tiesto (Gouryella - "Walhalla
                      (Hybrid Echoplex Mix/Hybrid Matrix Dub)")?
                    • Drew Ressler
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 12, 2004
                        99% of Gouryella was Ferry Corsten anyway :)

                        --Rukes

                      • Georgy
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 13, 2004
                          hmmm, does it sound like Tiesto? I think not... only the melody is
                          dull and questionable and should had been left out completely from the
                          remixes.

                          But it's okay that Hybrid remixed Tiesto (Gouryella - "Walhalla
                          (Hybrid Echoplex Mix/Hybrid Matrix Dub)")?

                          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Georgy" <gmarczin@l...> wrote:
                          > Right, they are not. It'd be a sad day if Tiesto remixed Hybrid...
                        • Chilvers, Simon
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 15, 2004
                            Gouryella is in fact Ferry Corsten! Also aka "System F Ferry" as it "out of
                            the blue"

                            ;-)

                            Si

                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 15, 2004
                              /nostalgia alert

                              Back in late 90's when I was seriously into trance (not of the cheesy kind,
                              of course... err.. who am I fooling?) I had this great idea of putting up a
                              website that lists all the monikers of different trance/other electronic
                              music artists so people could check who is really behind all the music.
                              Never did it but it would've been grand. I remember that there was probably
                              like less than 10 Dutch producers who were responsible for most of the
                              "quality" trance out then.

                              Here's some names I remember from the top of me head:

                              Vimana / Gouryella
                              Ferry Corsten & Tijs Verwest (Tiesto)

                              Albion / System F / Moonman
                              Ferry Corsten

                              Veracocha
                              Ferry Corsten & Vincent De Moor

                              Allure
                              Cor Fijneman / Tijs Verwest (Tiesto)

                              Kamaya Painters
                              Benno De Goeij / Tijs Verwest (Tiesto)

                              Rank 1
                              Benno De Goeij / Piet Bervoets

                              -antti

                              > Gouryella is in fact Ferry Corsten! Also aka "System F Ferry" as it "out
                              of
                              > the blue"
                              >
                              > ;-)
                              >
                              > Si

                            • Kristian Duske
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 15, 2004
                                Antti, someone already did that for you:
                                http://www.discogs.com/ is an excellent resource to find information about
                                releases, artists, producers and labels.

                                And while I'm at it:
                                http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
                                It might look cheesy, but it actually was there that I first heard "Finished
                                Symphony". Pretty good resource.

                                Best regards
                                Kristian
                              • NeyeL8R