New Hybrid Album

  • ally@hybrid-group.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
      Little bit of news on the direction of the new Hybrid album...

      They're getting on with it and it's sounding more like Wide Angle
      than Morning Sci-Fi :)

      Ally
    • Andy Grundman
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
        ally@... wrote:

        > Little bit of news on the direction of the new Hybrid album...
        >
        > They're getting on with it and it's sounding more like Wide Angle
        > than Morning Sci-Fi :)
        >
        > Ally

        You should be careful what you say! It will change and become like
        neither of the previous albums and someone will come after you for
        making a statement like this. ;)

        -Andy
      • ally@hybrid-group.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
          Very good point :-)

          Ok...

          "at the moment, it's sounding more like Wide Angle than Morning Sci-
          Fi...and that is the intended direction."

          Ally

          > You should be careful what you say! It will change and become
          like
          > neither of the previous albums and someone will come after you for
          > making a statement like this. ;)
          >
          > -Andy
        • Antti Mutta
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
            I guess this is a good thing, though a new direction would be even more
            interesting :) Ok, sorry! :) Looking forward to the new album, needless to
            say.

            -antti

            > "at the moment, it's sounding more like Wide Angle than Morning Sci-
            > Fi...and that is the intended direction."
          • G3K
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 1, 2004
              THE END IS NEAR. LET MUCH WAILING AND BEATING OF BREASTS COMMENCE.

              Or whatever. :-P

              When's it coming out? I'm excited.

              G3K
              > Little bit of news on the direction of the new Hybrid album...
              >
              > They're getting on with it and it's sounding more like Wide Angle
              > than Morning Sci-Fi :)
              >
              > Ally
              >

              > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              >
              > Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
              > http://www.hybrid-group.com
              >
              > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • touzimsky
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
                Could anyone please shed a light on some of these ?

                Airless (found this on several compilations)
                Big Bad Bounce (on Global Underground 023)
                Voodoo Junk (on Popkomm 97)

                Are these just labelled wrong or by another artist also calling himself
                "Hybrid" ? Confusing, confusing... thanks for any help! :-)

                ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
              • G3K
                Message 7 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
                  Big Bad Bounce = Gravastar, if I'm not mistaken. They changed the name
                  after it went out on the GU023 promos.

                  G3K
                  > Could anyone please shed a light on some of these ?
                  >
                  > Airless (found this on several compilations)
                  > Big Bad Bounce (on Global Underground 023)
                  > Voodoo Junk (on Popkomm 97)
                  >
                  > Are these just labelled wrong or by another artist also calling himself
                  > "Hybrid" ? Confusing, confusing... thanks for any help! :-)
                  >

                  > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
                  >

                  > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  >
                  > Hybrid News, Gig Dates and much more...
                  > http://www.hybrid-group.com
                  >
                  > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Antti Mutta
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jun 10, 2004
                    > Airless (found this on several compilations)

                    This is not our Hybrid. I think it's been agreed so?

                    > Big Bad Bounce (on Global Underground 023)

                    This is former name for some track that became Visible Noise/Celebrity
                    Science/something from that era.

                    -antti
                  • Georgy
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jun 11, 2004
                      Right, they are not. It'd be a sad day if Tiesto remixed Hybrid...

                      > Airless (found this on several compilations)

                      This is not our Hybrid. I think it's been agreed so?
                    • James
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jun 11, 2004
                        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Georgy" <gmarczin@l...> wrote:
                        > Right, they are not. It'd be a sad day if Tiesto remixed Hybrid...

                        But it's okay that Hybrid remixed Tiesto (Gouryella - "Walhalla
                        (Hybrid Echoplex Mix/Hybrid Matrix Dub)")?
                      • Drew Ressler
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jun 12, 2004
                          99% of Gouryella was Ferry Corsten anyway :)

                          --Rukes

                        • Georgy
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jun 13, 2004
                            hmmm, does it sound like Tiesto? I think not... only the melody is
                            dull and questionable and should had been left out completely from the
                            remixes.

                            But it's okay that Hybrid remixed Tiesto (Gouryella - "Walhalla
                            (Hybrid Echoplex Mix/Hybrid Matrix Dub)")?

                            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Georgy" <gmarczin@l...> wrote:
                            > Right, they are not. It'd be a sad day if Tiesto remixed Hybrid...
                          • Chilvers, Simon
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jun 15, 2004
                              Gouryella is in fact Ferry Corsten! Also aka "System F Ferry" as it "out of
                              the blue"

                              ;-)

                              Si

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jun 15, 2004
                                /nostalgia alert

                                Back in late 90's when I was seriously into trance (not of the cheesy kind,
                                of course... err.. who am I fooling?) I had this great idea of putting up a
                                website that lists all the monikers of different trance/other electronic
                                music artists so people could check who is really behind all the music.
                                Never did it but it would've been grand. I remember that there was probably
                                like less than 10 Dutch producers who were responsible for most of the
                                "quality" trance out then.

                                Here's some names I remember from the top of me head:

                                Vimana / Gouryella
                                Ferry Corsten & Tijs Verwest (Tiesto)

                                Albion / System F / Moonman
                                Ferry Corsten

                                Veracocha
                                Ferry Corsten & Vincent De Moor

                                Allure
                                Cor Fijneman / Tijs Verwest (Tiesto)

                                Kamaya Painters
                                Benno De Goeij / Tijs Verwest (Tiesto)

                                Rank 1
                                Benno De Goeij / Piet Bervoets

                                -antti

                                > Gouryella is in fact Ferry Corsten! Also aka "System F Ferry" as it "out
                                of
                                > the blue"
                                >
                                > ;-)
                                >
                                > Si

                              • Kristian Duske
                                Message 15 of 16 , Jun 15, 2004
                                  Antti, someone already did that for you:
                                  http://www.discogs.com/ is an excellent resource to find information about
                                  releases, artists, producers and labels.

                                  And while I'm at it:
                                  http://www.di.fm/edmguide/edmguide.html
                                  It might look cheesy, but it actually was there that I first heard "Finished
                                  Symphony". Pretty good resource.

                                  Best regards
                                  Kristian
                                • NeyeL8R