Re: [Hybrid] Re: Pics from the Atlanta show....

  • Antti Mutta
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      Warren just doesn't like to take his time when mixing tracks, but usually
      opts to fast mixing. To me he's always struck more as a tune oriented dj
      than one who concentrates on mixing and seamless flow. This is of course
      something Hybrid does completely differently because they integrate both
      elements beautifully in their mixes; the tracks flow and blend into one
      another perfectly and the sets grow and evolve.

      Call it bias or just an objective perception.

      -antti

      > On the other side of the coin, I have to say, Nick Warren has brought
      > out the danceability more than Hybrid for me (who I've only seen
      > once), and every person I've taken to his shows seems to be similarly
      > impressed. ;) Bias strikes again...
      >
      > VH.

    • vinnie970
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
        Exactly, Nick Warren doesn't try to be Sasha. ;P Seriously, I don't
        think he cares about making every transition 2 minutes in length, but
        he can make it gradual, as I've witnessed it.