RE: [Hybrid] Hybrid LIVE in Sheffield - Tonight

  • Harkin, Andy
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 12:28 AM
      Argh! What a shame, I just got this email (7.30am Monday) so didn't know who
      to look for. We arrived nice and early but didn't bother finding a VIP room,
      it was lots of fun by the bar and we found a perfect place to stand and dance
      on one of the raised bits halfway up the steps to the bar. Experience has
      taught me, when you find the perfect place, don't leave it or someone else
      will nick it. :) One observation was that there were lots of blokes in the
      club though, something like an 8 to 1 ratio for the first part which was a bit
      strange.

      What an amazing party! I took a girlfriend who has loved the music but never
      been to a Hybrid gig. She was expecting a DJ set, so when the show started,
      she nearly exploded. The atmosphere in Adelphi had been relatively subdued
      until they came on, the sound system was kept relatively low too. The volume
      seemed to go up progressively until Finished Symphony when it appeared to
      overload and all went quiet. That minor hiccup didn't affect what was an
      awesome night and the packed dancefloor seemed not to worry either. Back to
      the hotel at about 5.30 and a patient wait for the pool and jacuzzi to open.
      :)

      A day at Chatsworth House yesterday finished what was a fantastic weekend.
      I'm still completely buzzing from it, even though I had to get up for work at
      4.45am and got soaked on the way to the station. :)

      Fantastic work and a performance that just further cements my total love for
      the music and admiration for the people behind it. :)

      Andy
    • ally@hybrid-group.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1 1:25 AM
        Hi Andy,

        Sounds like I was quite near you when Hybrid were playing, I was in
        the sound engineers bit at the top of the stairs, on the way to the
        bar. Great performance from the boys :) The rest of the time I was
        upstairs with everyone, so you wouldn't have seen me.

        Ally

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Harkin, Andy" <andy.harkin@c...>