Re: [Hybrid] Summertime - Number 1 Favorite Summer Song EW Poll

  • EvilAlivE@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , May 26, 2004
      In a message dated 5/26/2004 1:15:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      keliher@... writes:

      I am sure it is the Hybrid
      radio edit.
      im quite sure it wasnt.. though.. its mine
      :)
    • G3K
      Message 2 of 5 , May 26, 2004
        What do you mean it's the 'Hybrid Radio Edit'? I've never heard the Hybrid
        mix played out anywhere other than my own iPod.

        G3K
        Message 3 of 5 , May 27, 2004
          Tooshay, on the schoolies cruise last year (here in aus) I heard the Hybrid Mix of Summertime played one afternoon (although not many people were around to hear it I was, and got very excited indeed)
          Atleast I think it was that song, I only got the end of it, but im 99% sure it was them. Wish I was there for the whole song, it's one of my favourite hybrid mixes and hearing it on the schoolies cruise was cool. My fav group having a song being played for all other school leavers to hear.

          Funny thing is though that night I asked the DJ to play it again and he had no idea what the song summertime was :S...strange. Must have been a different DJ...or these DJ's were noobs lol. Too mainstream.

          > What do you mean it's the 'Hybrid Radio Edit'? I've never heard the Hybrid
          > mix played out anywhere other than my own iPod.
          >
          > G3K
        • chrismix50
          Message 4 of 5 , May 30, 2004
            Yep although it is a great song to listen to, I don't believe there
            was ever a radio edit, just a promo. But even then the promo was 8
            mins long. I've never heard the Hybrid mix on the radio, although I
            did hear the original a couple times. My guess is the original song
            got the award, even though Hybrid's mix was a million times better.

          • EvilAlivE@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 1, 2004
              In a message dated 6/1/2004 4:33:28 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
              richlea@... writes:

              >My guess is the original song
              >got the award, even though Hybrid's mix was a million times better.

              it(the original) was on mtvs party to go cd compilation... i believe volume
              2... from way back in 92. twas a kewl lil mix... started with enigma
              sadness... mixed nicely into p.m. dawn set adrift on memory bliss... into
              summertime... etc etc
              had some great classics in there.. opp, lets talk about sex, now that we
              found love
              came out on tommy boy btw