Re: [Hybrid] Pics from the Atlanta show....

  • Scott Moore
    Message 1 of 8 , May 24, 2004
      I was at the ATL show as well... got inside the club about 5 minutes before Hybrid made their apperance walking through the dance floor and up onto the stage to say hello to Ian James... was it just me or was Ian's set a little flat? of course there was nobody even there for him...
      But what I wanted to comment on was how very good the set was... I was there until the very end and it seemed that the more they played the better the set got... It is up there as one of the better ones I have heard live for sure...
      I just wish I brought my camera inside the club instead of leaving it in the car :) what kind of camera are you using by the way Brett?

      Scott

      ps... why is it that the amount of people for this show wasn't more? When PVD plays in Atlanta he sells out on a Thursday night. I know he is "popular" but his music isn't near what Hybrid's is (at least I think so and I think most people on the board would agree?)

      Brett <blykins@...> wrote:
      Just got back from Hybrid's show at Eleven50 here in Atlanta GA USA.
      It was awesome! Hopefully the set will somehow make it to the
      internet for all of us to download.
    • Alan Duval
      Message 2 of 8 , May 26, 2004
        Popularity and quality don't go hand in hand, and whilst I wouldn't
        denigrate PvD to the level of, say, the Cheeky Girls, it's a sad fact
        that they probably sold more of that heinous single than all PvD's
        singles combined.

        Look for a PvD message board on Yahoo and see whow the member count
        stacks up against HybridUK...

        --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Scott Moore <wizum2003@y...> wrote:
        ps... why is it that the amount of people for this show wasn't more?
        When PVD plays in Atlanta he sells out on a Thursday night. I know
        he is "popular" but his music isn't near what Hybrid's is (at least I
        think so and I think most people on the board would agree?)
      • vinnie970
        Message 3 of 8 , May 27, 2004
          The same reason WOW shows aren't as crowded as Tiesto shows, the list
          goes on. We have special tastes.

          --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, Scott Moore <wizum2003@y...> wrote:
          > I was at the ATL show as well... got inside the club about 5 minutes
          before Hybrid made their apperance walking through the dance floor and
          up onto the stage to say hello to Ian James... was it just me or was
          Ian's set a little flat? of course there was nobody even there for him...
          > But what I wanted to comment on was how very good the set was... I
          was there until the very end and it seemed that the more they played
          the better the set got... It is up there as one of the better ones I
          have heard live for sure...
          > I just wish I brought my camera inside the club instead of leaving
          it in the car :) what kind of camera are you using by the way Brett?

          > Scott
          >
          > ps... why is it that the amount of people for this show wasn't more?
          When PVD plays in Atlanta he sells out on a Thursday night. I know
          he is "popular" but his music isn't near what Hybrid's is (at least I
          think so and I think most people on the board would agree?)

          > Brett <blykins@m...> wrote:
          > Just got back from Hybrid's show at Eleven50 here in Atlanta GA USA.
          > It was awesome! Hopefully the set will somehow make it to the
          > internet for all of us to download.
        • Oddball
          Message 4 of 8 , May 27, 2004
            Needs more blur.

            At 09:43 23/05/2004 +0000, you wrote:
            >Just got back from Hybrid's show at Eleven50 here in Atlanta GA USA.
            >It was awesome! Hopefully the set will somehow make it to the
            >internet for all of us to download.
            >
            >[IMG]http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/blykins/DSC00217.jpg
            >[/IMG]
            >
            >[IMG]http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/blykins/DSC00225.jpg
            >[/IMG]
            >
            >[IMG]http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/blykins/DSC00220.jpg
            >[/IMG]
            >
            >[IMG]http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/blykins/DSC00218.jpg
            >[/IMG]
            >
            >[IMG]http://img43.photobucket.com/albums/v132/blykins/DSC00222.jpg
            >[/IMG]
          • Antti Mutta
            Message 5 of 8 , May 27, 2004
              Special tastes for _special_ people, right Vinnie? :)

              -antti

              Message 6 of 8 , May 28, 2004
                I understand, to a point, why the "biggies" bring more people but I have been to shows of DJ's ranging from Deep Dish to PVD to Ferry Corsten to Hybrid to Nick Warren (and he kicked arse) and as far as dancability Hybrid just takes the cake... yes I may be biased but I have brought friends who had only really heard pvd and/or tiesto and after experiencing a hybrid show they were simply blown away... and I wouldn't by any means put these people in a catagory of being big electronic music fans... in the end... good music is just good music...

                But as I ramble who really cares how many people show-up... I really, really enjoyed the show and had a good time so in the end it doesn't really matter... well except to Hybrid who could make a bit more money I guess if they brought in more peeps :-)

                Message 7 of 8 , May 29, 2004
                  On the other side of the coin, I have to say, Nick Warren has brought
                  out the danceability more than Hybrid for me (who I've only seen
                  once), and every person I've taken to his shows seems to be similarly
                  impressed. ;) Bias strikes again...

                  VH.