Joyrider (yet again)

  • Mike Henderson
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 28 10:11 AM
      Hey there Rukes and the others that converted Joyrider from the Lotus game
      CDROM: What sample rate, etc. is that WAV file? I've tried a few basic
      combinations (44khz, 16-bit, stereo, Intel byte order, etc.) to no avail --
      what the heck import format did you use to successfully open that sucker?

      Thanks, in advance, for supporting my laziness,
      Mike
    • Drew Ressler
      Message 2 of 12 , Apr 29 12:32 AM
        http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

        Just download that. Load the WAV file into it, then save it as a standard 44khz, 16-bit stereo WAV

        --Rukes

      • Thomas Touzimsky
        Message 3 of 12 , Apr 29 2:33 AM
          > what the heck import format did you use to successfully open that sucker?

          CoolEdit (now part of Adobe) determined the format itself. Can't check at the moment, but I can look it up at home later.

          ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
        • Chaz Schlueter
          Message 4 of 12 , Apr 30 6:12 AM
            well promise us that if you extract it, you wont release it. It would take money out of
            Hybrid's pockets! PROMISE!

            Chaz

            --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Touzimsky" <touzimsky@w...> wrote:
            > > what the heck import format did you use to successfully open that sucker?
            >
            > CoolEdit (now part of Adobe) determined the format itself. Can't check at the moment,
            but I can look it up at home later.

            > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
          • Thomas Touzimsky
            Message 5 of 12 , Apr 30 7:48 AM
              > well promise us that if you extract it, you wont release it. It would take money out of
              > Hybrid's pockets! PROMISE!

              I won't share it on Soulseek if that is what you mean. Just want to add that I don't quite get your point. If an artist contributes his music to a certain project, they usually get an one-off fee for it and won't get paid per sold unit.

              ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
            • Chaz Schlueter
              Message 6 of 12 , May 4, 2004
                what if they are going to release it on distinctive for download?

                do you know if they plan to or not? better find out.....

                chaz

                --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Touzimsky" <touzimsky@w...> wrote:
                > > well promise us that if you extract it, you wont release it. It would take money out of
                > > Hybrid's pockets! PROMISE!
                >
                > I won't share it on Soulseek if that is what you mean. Just want to add that I don't quite
                get your point. If an artist contributes his music to a certain project, they usually get an
                one-off fee for it and won't get paid per sold unit.

                > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky
              • jamesjkjk
                Message 7 of 12 , May 9, 2004
                  --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Chaz Schlueter" <chazsch@b...>
                  wrote:
                  > what if they are going to release it on distinctive for download?
                  >
                  > do you know if they plan to or not? better find out.....
                  >
                  > chaz
                  >
                  > --- In HybridUK@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Touzimsky"
                  <touzimsky@w...> wrote:
                  > > > well promise us that if you extract it, you wont release it. It
                  would take money out of
                  > > > Hybrid's pockets! PROMISE!
                  > >
                  > > I won't share it on Soulseek if that is what you mean. Just want
                  to add that I don't quite
                  > get your point. If an artist contributes his music to a certain
                  project, they usually get an
                  > one-off fee for it and won't get paid per sold unit.
                  > >

                  > > ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                  well someones leeked it, because i have it ! (and no i haven't shared
                  it)

                  can't believe this was made for a computer game, its an amazing track!
                • Oddball
                  Message 8 of 12 , May 10, 2004
                    All the ones I've seen floating around (The 192K Lotus Challenge Mix) have
                    been in mono. That is all the sounds come from the center even if they are
                    playing through 2 speakers. Test your version on some headphones and see if
                    you get a spread (Like hi-hats on the left and reverb with space etc) ;)

                    Message 9 of 12 , May 11, 2004
                      yea its in mono.

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 13, 2004
                        > All the ones I've seen floating around (The 192K Lotus Challenge Mix)
                        have
                        > been in mono. That is all the sounds come from the center even if they
                        are
                        > playing through 2 speakers. Test your version on some headphones and
                        see if
                        > you get a spread (Like hi-hats on the left and reverb with space etc)
                        ;)

                        Or inverting one channel which should completely mute the track. I tried
                        it on both Joyrider and Snyper, and they are stereo in all their beauty.
                        :-)

                        ..::// Thomas Touzimsky

                        A Life? Cool! Where can I download one of those from?
                      • heterogeneous2003
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 13, 2004
                          wrote:
                          > > All the ones I've seen floating around (The 192K Lotus Challenge
                          Mix)
                          > have
                          > > been in mono. That is all the sounds come from the center even if
                          they
                          > are
                          > > playing through 2 speakers. Test your version on some headphones
                          and
                          > see if
                          > > you get a spread (Like hi-hats on the left and reverb with space
                          etc)
                          > ;)
                          >
                          > Or inverting one channel which should completely mute the track. I
                          tried
                          > it on both Joyrider and Snyper, and they are stereo in all their
                          beauty.
                          > :-)

                          Inverting one of the channels wont exactly phase the other channel
                          out simply because theres two channels and in order for that to work
                          the inverted signal must play on the same channel as the original. so
                          export it as 2 mono tracks with your right as one of them and your
                          left as the other. then invert one of thoose and mix them together if
                          its not phased out after this then that implys there is infact a
                          stereo field.
                        • Thomas Touzimsky
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 14, 2004
                            > its not phased out after this then that implys there is infact a
                            > stereo field.

                            It misses most of the bass after that, but there still is audio. Also
                            did the headphone test once more - stereo. :-) Especially around the
                            first 30 seconds you can clearly hear it, especially with those short
                            synth inserts that pop up every now and then.